Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate buying new tires!

GrumpyOne

So, my 2010 Tundra needs new tires. ..I shop around, finally settle on a brand and model...have to order them....305/50/R20, not all that common...so, I have the shop order them on a Friday, they'll be here Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning appointment to get them put on...I show up Tuesday morning, no tires. ..Tuesday afternoonn no tires, Wednesday no tires, Thursday morning, no tires...all this time the shop has no idea where they are....I finally get a call this afternoon at 12pm, telling me that the tires are finally there! I set a new appointment for 1pm, and drive like a madman to get down there, as I have another appointment at 3:40, all the way across town, that I can't miss...and did I mention I'm leaving town next week? I get to the tire shop, already not happy about them lying to me...and as they are taking off the second old tire, the idiot tire tech is using the wheel key for the locking nuts in the impact driver. Sticks it to the locking nut, and completely shears the keyed part off into the locking nut....no way to get it off, no way to get the other wheels off...so, long story short, I told them to stuff the tires, put the 2 old ones back on, and I would never darken their door again. I know I should have them pay for a complete new set of locking nuts and key, but at this point, they couldn't pay me enough to go back there.

post-18733-0-05052600-1416534416_thumb.j

Warning, it comes in three's.

Daughter needed new tires on her Taurus. OK, bought'em.

Then noticed a tire on wife's Tahoe was separating on the sidewall. Checked closer and another tire was also going bad. Replaced all four.

About a week later I managed to find a mess of roofing nails with my truck. Three tires with nails outside the tread area. Decided to replace the whole set.so

Also picked up roofing nails on the utility trailer on the same trip. Enough is enough. Just park the trailer around back and buy tires when I need the trailer.

October was a bad month for tires.

Tires suck.

I would hold them liable for the lock set and negotiate a deal on the tires. If they're a national chain they will have a lot of latitude on what they can do for you. Get what's owed to you and then tell them to piss off. You're only hurting yourself.

Everyone makes mistakes. The difference between a good and bad company is how they handle their mistakes. Did you even give them a chance to make it right? Huffin and puffin and taking the ball home is never the right approach.