Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunsmith Choice for 2011 Slide Work

Matt W

I've got a STI 2011 5.0 Tactical and I'd like someone to lighten the slide. Probably Tri-topped, not sure i want to go with the through lightening cuts or not. Plus, an overall tune up. Who should I be looking into?

Shay will pretty much work on anything as his schedule allows. His trigger jobs are great and the turn around shouldn't be to long. Slide work might take a little longer. I suggest giving them a call and see what they can do for you, they are pretty accessible by phone.

Yep Matt Cheely at ccgunworks.com is pretty close up in Michigan. The problem might be getting work like this done when full builds are in such high demand. Matt is about 6 months out on a full custom build so I'm not sure he would take on the work. Certainly worth emailing him about though. It doesn't get much better than Matt's work. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Matt did two 6" slides for me at the time good turn around,I did have him reblue the slides before returning them...If I had to do it again I would have kept the slides in the white and have somebody else do the refinish...