bwikel

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another reason....Chicks dig it!

I didn't alway do it like I do now.....I was slower when I started. ;)

People argue all day long, every day as to what is faster or as fast, but what I do still is working for me here and over seas. I know this is going to sound arrogant, but once I start getting beat solely due to loading speed I'll switch, but so far I see no need to switch.

Final reason has to do with teaching, and whom I teach. Loading the way I do, at the shoulder, ready to shoot, keeps both your head up and your eyes looking, while loading....and being able to shoot at anytime durring the process. I would hate to teach anyone to look at an upside down loading port and in so doing becoming an unwitting Kevlar tester. :(

I load old school weak hand because Kurt told me to a while ago on youtube! Actually I do it because there's been a few times that I've shot a close target one handed while loading and walking simultaneously, right after I saw the duece/quad guys in my squad standing in front of the same targets waiting to finish their load so they can shoulder the gun again. Like Kurt said, when I start getting beat for that one reason I'll start seriously re thinking my loading style. Or maybe I won't. Who knows.

Edited by TonytheTiger

Hey Alma, did you miss the part where I said " it works for me"? Didn't say it was the best, fastest, onlyest way for everyone and never have, but works for me it does. I'm well aware that it doesn't work for you. I'm well aware that getting good and maintaining good is much easier with Quads/Twins....which is why many have gone to it. I'm well aware of how fast it can be.....BUT.....I'm pretty sure you are unaware of how fast traditional weakhand can be as well, and to bring it all around....kind of like the A5.... it can be fast......is it a game changer......well not so much.

The more I think about it quads/ twins ARE a game changer for folks that don't have the time to practice, or ability, hand strength to do other forms of loading, so in that reguard, I did miss speak....carry on!

NOTE: I do mean this exactly as stated. It is not a slam on anyone. I firmly believe Quads/Twins has allowed many more people to both enjoy shotgunning, and load at a very competitive speed. Heck one of the best shotgunners I know has a hand Injury that won't allow him to load Weakhand. Until Q/T came a long he struggled with loading.....no longer!

Edited by kurtm

kind of like the A5.... it can be fast......is it a game changer......well not so much.

You sure love using the term "game changer" don't you. You do realize you're the only one in this thread that's used it, and you're already into the double digits and counting. But I'll let you get back to telling everyone how awesome you.

Oh now, Moltke used it once, and you did miss the "end all and be all" and "huge advantage" on my part. Game Changer really flows, and it has been thrown around on quite a few forums, so I certainly didn't come up with it myself....but when I find something that works.....well you know! :)

I'm glad you came by to read the whole thing....and count. I hope we have given you some things to think about. I thought it was going pretty good.

I'm glad you came by to read the whole thing....and count.

Yeah it took me a whole 10 seconds to hit "ctrl f". It's okay, I know your old and this typewriter with the connected television screen is a confusing and mysterious creature.

I'm just pleased that the OP was happy with the work we performed on his gun. First A5 we've done and the speculation from the internet was that with an extended "welded" lifter that the auto load function could possibly be compromised. I didn't really see how but, I welded it up and polished it nonetheless. As you can tell it works flawlessly. The trigger system is similar to that of an FNH slp , considering all the similarities and heritage that these guns come from. So the trigger on these guns can be made excellent! Bolt lightening is always a subject of controversy but, there is something to be said for removing at least 2 oz off of any reciprocating mass especially one that moves as fast as these guns do. If someone could couple the light recoil of a vmax with the longevity of an M2 and the trigger and auto load function of the A5 you'd definitely have a true game changer !! I know ... Everybody has said it too much .... GAME CHANGER!! Lmao !! And yes part of this build was funded by a certificate pulled from the benelli match. I believe in giving back to the sport I love .. I'm not the best shooter out there ... Ask anyone !! Lmao! But I love building guns and watching people that are better shooters than me making them sing !! Enjoy the debate fellas !!!

Hadley O.

I'm just pleased that the OP was happy with the work we performed on his gun. First A5 we've done and the speculation from the internet was that with an extended "welded" lifter that the auto load function could possibly be compromised. I didn't really see how but, I welded it up and polished it nonetheless. As you can tell it works flawlessly. The trigger system is similar to that of an FNH slp , considering all the similarities and heritage that these guns come from. So the trigger on these guns can be made excellent! Bolt lightening is always a subject of controversy but, there is something to be said for removing at least 2 oz off of any reciprocating mass especially one that moves as fast as these guns do. If someone could couple the light recoil of a vmax with the longevity of an M2 and the trigger and auto load function of the A5 you'd definitely have a true game changer !! I know ... Everybody has said it too much .... GAME CHANGER!! Lmao !! And yes part of this build was funded by a certificate pulled from the benelli match. I believe in giving back to the sport I love .. I'm not the best shooter out there ... Ask anyone !! Lmao! But I love building guns and watching people that are better shooters than me making them sing !! Enjoy the debate fellas !!!

Hadley O.

Hadley O.

Yes, jrbet83, my tv screen keyboard is mystical, and it has evil spirits In it. Thats why I always have a flagon of goat's blood and my lucky mood ring with me anytime I turn it on.

While we are having fun, I would like to point out that Jadeslade dove in at a much deeper level than you did. He noticed my comment that said that the A5's auto load feature was akin to "self cancelling turn signals" and then very subtly said he thought we were talking about "lane change", which also kinda rhymes with "game change". Well played Jadeslade, well played!

Anyway I digress, did you have something to add on loading or the A5 system, or did you just come by to show us all your "game changing" abilities with the control key?

Edited by kurtm

Mr. Owens, THANK YOU for supporting our sport!

You have a very good point about the trigger. It is fairly easy to make a Browning/Winchester/FN trigger very nice! That will never be said of the Benelli type trigger systems.

Edited by kurtm

If your good at duals/Quads I wouldn't really bother with old fashion weak hand loading.....it is good, but it isn't a game changer anymore than any other.....HA....over 20!!! Control F THAT!!!!!

Well I always loaded weak hand, even back when I was only loading one or two. Around 97 I saw Eddie Rohdes load 3 at a time. I knew I could do 4 so thats what I started doing. By the time the first European shotgun championships rolled around in 2003 I was fairly good at it. The German Team and Swiss Teams ALL loaded twins off of big 32 round chest plates. So much for NEW and "game changer".......21, 21, hahaha!!!

Edited by kurtm

Well I always loaded weak hand, even back when I was only only one or two. Around 97 I saw Eddie Rohdes load 3 at a time. I knew I could do 4 so thats what I started doing. By the time the first European shotgun championships rolled around in 2003 I was fairly good at it. The German Team and Swiss Teams ALL loaded twins off of big 32 round chest plates. So much for NEW and "game changer".......21, 21, hahaha!!!

Kurt, did they load twins one stacked on another, or side by side out of those holders that Safariland sells?

Edited by bmiller