Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Versa Max Challenge Series

just curious, when will registration open up for the 2nd match?

This.

Also having never been to South River I'd like to know do I need my tactical-stroller to get between stages with my gear?

Edited by Willz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Atlanta 3 Gun Facebook page:

From the man Erik, who designs all our stages.

A quick hint at Stage Profiles for the Remington Versamax Challenge - hopefully this will hold y'all over till all of the stages are published.

Bay 1 13 Rounds

Bay 2 12 Rounds

Bay 8 24 Rounds

Bay 9 19 Rounds

Bay 9.5 25 Rounds

Bay 10 16 Rounds

Bay 13 31 Rounds

Bay 14 27 rounds

Bay 15 26 Rounds

Bay 16 20 Rounds

Bay 17 29 Rounds

Bay 18 19 Rounds

Bay 19 16 Rounds

Bay 20 19 Rounds

260 rounds Bird, 16 Rounds Buck and 20 Rounds Slug - 296 total

Also having never been to South River I'd like to know do I need my tactical-stroller to get between stages with my gear?

I would. You can't drive down where the bays are, have to hump gear from parking lot above. The bays themselves are close together, but kind of in groups that are spread out a little bit.

Edited by New4John

Anyone see anyone doing the "load 6" as opposed to quad loading?

Nope. I seriously doubt anyone can "hex load" with much speed or consistency. I bought one of the Taccom hex carriers when they came out, just to play with, and while I could get them in the gun, it was not easy or fast.

Bryan Ray wasn't and he won Pump Division

Brian Vaught was 3rd in Pump loading weak hand also.

I won one of the two unloaded start stages in Pump division, as well as the unloaded start shoot-off stage, loading weakhand out of caddies. My loading was pretty choppy all weekend, I haven't practiced more than about 10 loads in the last few months. I hit the loads real well on Stage #1 (for stage win), and on the shoot-off, I was the only shooter of pump division that didn't have a miss/make-up shot/reload. (I also loaded 3 shells too many, because I can't count with socks on.) The lack of missing is the only reason I was able to hold on to the shoot-off. I did have one short stroke though in the second shooting box.

I saw some REALLY fast loading on our squad. Within our squad, I believe only 3 shooters were not using L2/4.

Out of curiosity.. were the top 10 dudes all Quad Loading?

Casanova was loading dueces. Romero and I were quad loading, as well as Ravin Perry.

HEY!!! MISTER MODEST!!! You won the auto division!!! Bravo!

Edited by P.E. Kelley