Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brian Enos and bowling

spook

I wonder if BE bowls???? He might be able to do a second edition with a forward on the applicability to other sports such as 'cow tipping' or 'mullet tossing' (a real southern event).

hmmm

dj

pjb.jpg

Look dead center. ;)

Flame me if this has been posted before, but I came across this searching the web:

Brian Enos and Bowling

:)

Bowling and shooting are a defective analogy (I bowled for about 25 years and quit with a 195 average). There are WAYYYYY more variables in bowling which are beyond your control. Primarily, the lane surface and what particular oil pattern has been laid down. That not only affects what line you have to use, but may change which BALL you need to use (soft rubber, hard rubber, plastic surface). Also, the pinsetters are sometimes "nasty" and keep setting pins off spot. The approaches may be rough.... I would dispute that your performance on any given day bowling DIRECTLY reflects preparation. Being well prepared is a necessary but not a SUFFICIENT condition to good bowling... one may be fully prepared and perform at peak level and still score very poorly.

In shooting, the bottom line is you have complete control of the gun and ammo.... and when it comes right down to it, the game is to put a hole in the right place. I see that as the competitor having virtually 100% control of his destiny.... in bowling, it's a whole differnt story.

BountyHunter,

I have to disagree with you....

Sounds like lane conditions in bowling is analagous to weather in shooting.

Rain in the morning, wind in the afternoon, etc.

Of course, my high score ever in bowling was a 186, so could be I don't know what I'm talking about :)

Steve Pitt

(I practiced in 4 degrees last week, 70 degrees 2 days after that, same range.... winter in Colorado!)