Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Considering getting an Elite Limited in 40cal

jaep1911

I run mine (brand new as well) with the lowest rated spring supplied in the original box. Recoil is great. The sight doesn't quite track straight up and down though. It seems to bounce to the right at the top of recoil and bounce back down following the same path.

I would eventually go down to #11 or so but I would stick with a higher rating spring until I dial my load in. Just ordered a conversion kit and dies. I am still scratching my head - can we really go down to #11 under major PF?

jaep1911,

If you choose to go with a lighter spring , just keep an eye on the top barrel lugs to make sure they don't start peening back, basically forming a little ridge on the front part of the barrel lugs that lock into the upper part of the slide. If it doesn't start to form that ridge , your fine.

Best of luck.

Edited by gennaro

I think you are paying for more features with a Limited, not necessarily increased accuracy. With a Limited, you are getting a better competition frame (full length dust cover, drilled for optics, checkering, wide ambi safeties, etc.), a magwell, a bull barrel, and better sights. Upgrading my Match with similar features puts it close to the price of a stock Limited. The FDC and bull barrel may increase accuracy slightly, but probably not a noticeable difference at 25 yards or less.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

I certainly can't tell. I can assume that in theory the cone barrel models should lock up tighter. as since they pull out through the front by using a reverse plug they can be made to lock up into the front of the slide very tight. the straight barrels need some wiggle room to be able to pull them out. that's the only aspect I can think of that should improve accuracy. I guess at the end of a long hoser stage the thicker barrel may be holding up better than a thinner one.

but for the types of games we play and the distances we shoot the difference (if any) is small in practice.

I can't see any difference in accuracy between any of my 4 iron sight Tanfos, all a very accurate, I'm just not sometimes, lol. 3 of them have the cone lock bull barrel and 1 just the regular straight and all are dead on. I shot my Limited yesterday for the first time in a match and loved it. It was great to handle, ran flawless, the only thing was me coming from production, you gotta seat those 140mm mags when they're loaded full, lol. That stage was a disaster

Edited by bayougump