Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open gun with no comp

sschultz

With 9mm minor loads my only concern is that will it make enough gas to work with just the holes. Also I have been looking at some barrels and I have seen barrels with 2 to 6 holes. Any feed back from some who has done this would be great.

I've played with a MagnaPort quadported gun just like Jerry's and couldn't feel much difference until I got up around 150pf using autocomp and 115s. That was the sweet spot where I got a small reduction in muzzle flip with tolerable recoil; above that was pretty brutal in the hand.

The Hybrid holes are bigger so they may work better, even more with the Tribrid, but you're still going to need to be up around 140-150 with a light bullet and slow powder to feel any reduction in muzzle flip.

With no comp when PF is not a concern I still prefer 115s over fast powder ~100pf :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: If you are just going to shoot minor loads and 9mm I guess I would look at a Edge type pistol with a bull barrel. They are soft shooting at 130PF and using 124grain bullets or even 115 grain. I have a 4.180" bull barrel 9mm that I use for IDPA and it shoots soft with 121 grain bullets. Thanks, Eric

I run a 6" Fusion 9mm. No comp, no holes. 135gr plated @ around 128 - 130 PF. Shoots flat and fast. Never figured out the need to run more powder, etc to run the comp to shoot as flat as this combo... Good luck and good hunting...