Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughtless comments

Shooter Grrl

I dont know what God installed in me that makes me a magnet for fat, sweaty, toothless, cross eyed chicks. I also dont know why I am still friends with people that set me up with annoying girls like this one. I thought I woulda learned by now that when all your friends will tell you about a girl is, "she's really nice..." maybe that should be my cue to turn down the offer.

The above is a direct quote from here on the forums - I'll leave the poster nameless here... but my response is:

Tsk tsk my boy.

Maybe your friends understand that life isn't about perfect looks and that a good personality is the right reason to spend your life with someone???

Shootergrrl,

go ahead and name me, I dont much mind. I can see at a glance how you would find that potentially offensive. However, if you knew me personally, as well as the long term relationships that I have had, you would see it for the joke that it is. I joke about my personal relationships a lot in an attempt to stay smiling and laughing as I believe that is the best way to spend life. I dont think you meant any insult by your comment, as the bit I have talked with you, you have always struck me as the epitome of a caring, friendly, and upstanding woman. However, I do take a bit of offense that you assume to know me so well as to have fully assesed my moral charachter. We all place different levels of importance on different things. Personally, in all reality, I place very little importance on physical appearance and a great deal of importance on moral and ethical substance. However, it is no ones place to tell another how to place their idea of what is important.

It was a joke, told in a joking manner, in a joking thread.

you have always struck me as the epitome of a caring, friendly, and upstanding woman.

Thank You. However, you forgot... And sensitive about and to being fat :)

However, I do take a bit of offense that you assume to know me so well as to have fully assesed my moral charachter.

Nope - not my intention. You'll notice the topic is "Thoughtless Comments".

It was a joke, told in a joking manner, in a joking thread.

The pitfalls of online communication. *YOU* forgot to add the smilies :)*I* didn't get that it was a joke!

Sorry Kathy, I am not computer savvy enough to bother with the emoticons.

FWIW~ I was quite overwieght for a long time, and have dated a number of girls that weighed more than I, because true beauty is on the inside. It isnt my fault that the jokes just happen to be on the outside.

The comment wasnt thoughtless, had I bothered to tell the ENTIRE story, you would have known the complete thought. I just didnt expect to get handpicked for assualt on a seperate thread.

I am sorry that you were offended, I am not sorry for what I said.

Kath ... I can vouch for Mike (KimberKid). He's a good guy who is actually more caring and thoughtful than most people I've met. I know he definitely did not intend to be offensive.

Now I sense it's time for another group hug!

I am sorry that you were offended, I am not sorry for what I said.

Fair enough. I accept your apology and I owe you one as well.

Mike, I apologize that you feel hand picked on, and I'm also sorry that I didn't get that your comments were jokingly made. I am just over sensitive about some issues.

Rhino - you've owed me that hug for almost 2 years now - I'm done waiting for it :P

Hey, Purple Dude...

time to get in the car and drive to Mississippi and give that hug in person.....

Need to keep women who can shoot very happy and not get them mad at you...least you forget... :lol:

she lives in TENNESSEE, not mississippi :o

"As this forum continues to grow, the variety of what we will encounter will expand in both positive and negative directions...."
An awful lot of truth in that... and the more tolerant/vigilant/diplomatic we'll need to become. :rolleyes:
"No wonder I could not find her...."
LOL...!! :lol:

I dont know what God installed in me that makes me a magnet for fat, sweaty, toothless, cross eyed chicks. I also dont know why I am still friends with people that set me up with annoying girls like this one.

OK, I don't know the poster, but what exactly is it that he (she?) finds "annoying"?

Does fat = annoying? Then the poster has issues...

Does sweaty = annoying? Then the poster has issues...

Does toothless = annoying? Then the poster has issues...

Does cross eyed = annoying? Then the poster has issues...

None of these are personality traits.

As much as y'all want to vouch for the poster, if they feel that the above attributes are "annoying" then the problem is with that person and not the grrrls.

-Chet

People like what they like...their choice.

People joke about what they want to joke about...their choice.

People take offense to what they take offense to...their choice.

It probably isn't anybody's place to be talking about any of it on the shooting forum.

I think it is time to lock this one down....MY choice.