Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 13 or 15 round tubes?

D.Hayden

About twice a year, I shoot in a match that scores everyone as open (typically night matches)

Looking for an easy/reliable 13-15 rounds capacity mag tube if possible..

Mine will hold 10 now.. and these matches, at least so far, there's no issues with tight quarters

What options for a tube and magazine combo are out there?

Yes, and yes, the Nordic spring will work. If you are doing a 15 round tube, cut to 17", let set full overnight, shoot 25 or so rounds, then clip to about 15". The longer the tube, the longer the spring needs to be to avoid shell surge. 10-12" works up to about 12 rounds, then you need more. I ran 13 rounds at the CTC, ran 100% with a 13" spring, after compression and reclip from 15".

zmanktm - funny - u typed that as I was typing - I have a few months until the next open match to try things out - I'll let you know - we're you having issues with the 1st or last round in the tube, or just random?

Mark - did you ever try for more than 13? or am I just being greedy?

Dave

My malfunctions are not just on the last round and it has happened on 2 different Benelli M2s and the

new Versamax competition. The spent round is ejected and the new one is lying on the carrier.

The oddest thing by far is it will statistically happen at a match and not in practice. It’s become somewhat of a joke among my fellow shooters. I run Nordic Tubes on the Benelli and a Plus 4 on the

Versa Max with Nordic springs. I have tried the really long spring from Dave’s Metal works with

similar results

I own a Versamax with 14 rnd tube. The only way I could get it to cycle every time was to double up two springs with back to back followers where they meet. I trimmed only one of the springs so that the free end stuck out 18" past the tube, no problems since

I have tried a similar set up with a 14 round tube and 2 springs like your are doing that limited the tube capacity to 12 and I still had problems. I glad yours is working for you!

I own a Versamax with 14 rnd tube. The only way I could get it to cycle every time was to double up two springs with back to back followers where they meet. I trimmed only one of the springs so that the free end stuck out 18" past the tube, no problems since

I have Benelli sbe (basically the same gun). With a Nordic +9 and a shooters source +1. I used the spring that came with the nordic tube and didn't cut any off it. I can hold 13 in the tube. I've never had any function issues cause by it.

This idea appeals to me. Use two springs but fine tune just one. Two good followers should be smooth and stable. Anyone else have thoughts/comments?

This idea appeals to me. Use two springs but fine tune just one. Two good followers should be smooth and stable. Anyone else have thoughts/comments?

I just read this and I have enough of these followers to try it out this weekend. I have had at least 1 failure per match where the shell would get stuck coming out of the tube. I have tried various spring lengths to have it work with 12-round tube. I will see if it happens this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got all the parts (except a new spring - just used what I had lying around) and tried it... 15+1+1.. had 2 failure to feeds.. but I can see it won't take much to get it running - at least at the practice range

• 1 month later...

Nope - unfortunately.. other chores and the snow/cold has moved in.. haven't gotten back out

I got a good suggestion on a spring to try.. that's my next step... as soon as the weather warms a bit (it's 2 and snowing as I type..)