Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casepro 100

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently set mine up with a PW autodrive and love it. Be sure to let Mike know if you are going to motorize it as there are a couple of different parts you will need and the dies get a little different treatment so the casings will drop in more consistently. BTW, there is no waiting on extra parts or dies.

Used a Redding pass through die for a year and should have ordered the casepro from the beginning. Saves so much time that I would have spent twice as much and would have been happy :). Now if I could only find a way to sort my brass for cheap :(.

Jeff

I put an automated one together a number of years ago.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98302&hl=%2Bcasepro#entry1124010

I am working on a push through sizer right now (not #1 on the list though) will post videos when I get it done. Should do the same thing as the Magma casemaster but sost $5000 less.

Edited by jmorris

Does the Dillon casefeeder come with the Case Pro?

I think what you mean to ask is does the Case Pro come with a Dillon casefeeder.

If a Case Pro came with a Dillon casefeeder, I'd go order a Dillon casefeeder this second...

;)

AFAIK, No, the CasePro 100 does not come with a Dillon casefeeder. If you plan on using a casefeeder (I can't imagine trying to use one without), you need to purchase either the half or full mount kit with your machine.

They are selling the auto drive directly now and will setup your machine at the time of purchase for use with the auto drive.

• 1 month later...

I saw this thread and went to their website and was pleasantly surprised at the updated site. So I just placed an order for 9mm die set and some small spare parts.

Won't load for my open gun without it.

Love mine. Very long lead time after ordering though. I had forgotten about the order I put in 7 or 8 months before when the owner called me out of the blue at the end of the year to say it and the dies were done and did I still want it. Made for a very nice Christmas present ;^D.

How much less effort is it to push cases run through the casepro, through the regular case sizeing dies afterwords, than if not run through the casepro? thinking non lubed here

Edited by ano

• 2 weeks later...

The CasePro appears to be a wonderful machine to resize the OD to permit passing gauging and therefore chambering. Is anyone concerned that case wall thickness has been reduced in the bulged area? The bulge can be rolled out, but it would seem that the wall thickness will remain thinner as the ID is not supported (as if on a mandrel). My primary concern is ensuring that the case does net crack/separate when fired and that thin wall area will still be the weak link. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the plastic collator will accept 1" round or square tubing.

When I automated my first casepro I used box tubing.

DSC02028-1.jpg

Being a cheap ass, it is easier to swap the same collator from machine to machine if the post is square, you don't even need to tighten the screw to keep it from rotating.

Edited by jmorris