Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21 TACTICAL BUILD

bowenbuilt

I am just finishing up with a G21 Tactical build. I am surprised that there are not more of these out there but so far I have not found a picture or write up of anyone doing this. Has anyone here created their own 41 using a LWD slide on a G21 frame?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still waiting on the SJC frame weight to get here. I plan on taking some pics as soon as the weight arrives from the finisher and is installed. I am very please with how it looks so far. A grip reduction is also in the works once I do the test firing.

Yes sir, that is probably next. I am going in the opposite direction on this one. I want to pack on as much weight as possible to reduce recoil to a minimum with the longer sight radius. So far, so good. Test firing today went well, it is feeding everything I have without a hitch and printing very good groups at 25 yards.

Edited by bowenbuilt

My G41 falls right between my G34 and G35 weight wise. I too would like to see a little more weight. OTOH a .45ACP at a 130 PF is pretty soft. Yes, a friend of mine has a LWD slide and barrel. I guess Glock had a reason for taking out the weight on the left of the firing pin channel of a G41 slide.

In the .45 I am using a 15# spring but the model 24 with a 6" barrel I built using the same LWD slide on a 35 frame is using a 13# spring for .40 minor and a 15# spring for .40 major shooting 200 grn bullets, this works out fine for me. The 15# spring in the .45 seems to be just right at major throwing the spent brass briskly about 4 feet away. I am using an Apex extractor with the White Sound's HD spring and rod in all of them and I have found this setup to work very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it will be for Limited. I have a magwell (Carver Big Mouth) coming for it, should be here next week. I am going to wait until it gets here before starting on the grip so I can mark the area it will occupy and leave that space untouched. I already have the mag extensions installed. I will post some pictures if anyone is interested when it's finished. Thanks for asking and have a great weekend!

Mag extensions for the 21 are not as plentiful as the smaller frame guns. So far all I have found is +3 extensions so they are no where near the limit. I found the Arredondo's 140mm thanks to Gooldylocks we will see how they work.

Edited by bowenbuilt