Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rohrbaugh 9mm

I'm looking to upgrade from my pocket .380 to a pocket 9mm. The Rohrbaugh looks great, but I can't find one to "touch" and so far have not found anyone who has first hand knowledge. I hate to spend the big bucks required without at least some input.

Anybody?

Alternatives?

EDC mine for few years now. But would consider a Kahr now too. I bought mine before so many options. I shot another members Kahr side by side and was really impressed. But the R9 is very nicely made and clean DAO. So easy to pocket carry even in sweats.

They suggest specific ammo but at the range I have never had a problem with any ball ammo I've fed it.

Thanks for all the replies. I've spent the last 4 hours on the Rohrberg forum. They sold in March 2014 or so to Remington/Para and are not back in production and other than springs no parts are available. I'll look at the Kahr. THX!

I have a Farmingdale model bought it when they first came out. Pretty much a custom gun. Fit and finish is first rate. Some are reportedly ammo sensitive, although mine has been flawless with everything even my reloads. Not a pleasant gun to shoot, but for a pocket size 9mm it is hard to beat. Not +p rated. At the time it was the smallest lightest pocket 9mm made. Nowadays you have some excellent choices, but I don't think any of them are as well made. Oh another thing, their customer service is outstanding. I did not know that the company was sold, now things will probably go to shit.

• 9 months later...

I have one, If I recall its the Robar finish that is no longer made.

It is not something you want to shoot much, its quite small; but a great pocket rocket....

With the new smaller guns being made, the are not as unique in the market as they once were.....

Kahr PM9 or CM9

+1...I like the PM9. I've had it a few years now and love that gun. I have owned the Keltec, Diamonback, XDs, J frames, Glock subcompacts, etc. and the Kahr is the best for me. I've been thinking of getting a backup to it since it is my EDC.

I got to handle a Rohrbaugh and it felt nice but I just couldn't see paying that much for that one.

I purchased a Rohrbaugh R9 a month ago. Still playing with it before I carry it. It fits in the same pocket holster as my .380 LCP to give you an idea of size. So far it likes Gold dot 115 and 124gr.

Williams Gun Site is handling warranty and has recoil springs and some other parts.

There is a Rohrbaugh forum if you are interested.

Yes, they are expensive. About 7,000 were made before Rohrbaugh was sold to Remington. With Remington's recent business model I'm doubtful they will go back into production with the quality the Rohrbaugh brothers developed.

PJ

EDC for both my wife and I. Fit & finish are excellent and both of ours have been problem free. I think it perfectly fit's it's application as an EDC/Pocket gun and as someone above said, it's punishing to shoot but it's not meant to be a range gun. I try in run them once a month when we're practicing for 10 rounds or so.....and that's about enough before I say uncle. :-)