Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets

zhunter

What comes off the bullets and gets on your fingers is just dust, nothing more. The blue coating on the bullets will NOT come off in your barrel. I have shot these and ended up with a cleaner barrel than when I started. Damn good de-leading device.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Anyone notice that when using titegroup and blue bullets the barrels has blue streaks in the rifling of a Glock?

Better some blue streaks than streaks of lead. I have been using them weekly for the past 2 years and I have seen the color in a few of my barrels. It wipes away easily like powder and does not build up so it does not cause any problems. I have noticed also that some batches are dustier than others but the actual coating is tough as hell and much harder to dislodge from the bullet than some of the other Hy-Tech coatings.

Out of all the coated bullets (polymer baked on) I have tried, blue bullets were the dirtiest to load. I always got smurf fingers. When cleaning barrels, I did not find any blue residue after shooting blue bullets. The barrels cleaned the same bayou, black, sns, etc. I think they are just a little dustier than the rest.

I found they shoot pretty much the same as all the other coated bullets. Pick the cheapest, or pick your favorite color and go with it.

I stocked up during their Black Friday Sale. I am definitely a convert, like these 125grain in my glock 19.

I took advantage of that also. It does turn your fingers blue when reloading but they also don't have that burn electrical tape smell that I notice with other coated bullets either.

I stocked up during their Black Friday Sale. I am definitely a convert, like these 125grain in my glock 19.

I took advantage of that also. It does turn your fingers blue when reloading but they also don't have that burn electrical tape smell that I notice with other coated bullets either.

I use gloves when I load. I always get a kick out of the people working at the range when they ask me what the bullets are.

230gr 45

200gr 40

147gr 9mm

20150125_145722_zpsbxj742lr.jpg

Almost all of this is my Black Friday order. :-)

Has anyone used both Blue Bullets and Bayou Bullets? If so, what would you say as to the pros and cons (other than blue fingers)? I haven't loaded bullets with any hi-tek coating yet and am considering trying them.

Shooting them seems to be similar from what I have read. Generally the difference is where you live and how much it will cost to get a given amount shipped to you. For me, the Blue Bullets are cheaper shipped to me than Bayou or others. May be cheaper with another company where you live.

I can also attest to how tough the coating is. Very thick and you can't chip it off with your finger nails. Also doesn't chip off when using a bullet puller. They feel very slick and any blue residue you get on your fingers washes right off. Would I rub my eyes while loading them? heck no, but i wouldn't be so stupid as to rub my eyes after handling the gunpowder in the process.

Has anyone used both Blue Bullets and Bayou Bullets? If so, what would you say as to the pros and cons (other than blue fingers)? I haven't loaded bullets with any hi-tek coating yet and am considering trying them.

I have used them both for a good while. The difference in Bayou and Blue Bullets is the style and coating. The coating on Blue is extremely hard to remove, Hy-Tech is fairly easy to scrape off. Bayou's are accurate, consistent, don't color your fingers and work well in any caliber and smell very bad when you shoot them. Blue Bullets are accurate, consistent, will make your fingers a little blue at the tips and have no smell when you shoot them. I personally like the profiles/styles of the Blue better and the 147 grain, groovless 9mm is THE most accurate coated bullet I have ever used. I can say the same thing about their 200 grain groovless .40 caliber bullet. In small quantities(500 or less) the shipping is cheaper from Blue. You just need to buy both and try them for yourself to figure out which one suits your tastes the best. That is half the fun.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Would rinsing the Blue Bullets before loading take care of the blue residue. Would like to try sometime since they are just up the highway from me. Worry about getting the blue in my dies/shellplate and mags.

JLee

Worry not, the blue residue is very minor, and only get on your fingers. I'm thinking due to the skin oils.

I have no residue in my mags or on my shell plate as the bullets are not making contact with either.

Btw, a MBF cures the blue finger syndrome :)

Would rinsing the Blue Bullets before loading take care of the blue residue. Would like to try sometime since they are just up the highway from me. Worry about getting the blue in my dies/shellplate and mags.

When people say their fingers are coated with blue, it isn't like a paste or anything. It is literally like a slight amount of color. If you were to handle like one or two cheese puffs, that is probably the amount we are talking about here, rather than a whole bag of cheese puffs.

You won't get any blue on your reloader just on your finger tips and not a lot. It's like a little dust and rinses or wipes right off. They did some testing last year with a dustless coating but it was not nearly as good at staying on the bullet. I get more black on my fingers loading jacketed bullets at times.