Blue Bullets

zhunter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I predict you will like them. I've been using the 125 gr lrn over 3.7 gr of TG out of an AccuShadow. Function and accuracy has been very good. My only complaint (and it is a very minor one) is that it turns your fingers blue when loading. I just ordered more, and plan to keep using them.

I predict you will like them. I've been using the 125 gr lrn over 3.7 gr of TG out of an AccuShadow. Function and accuracy has been very good. My only complaint (and it is a very minor one) is that it turns your fingers blue when loading. I just ordered more, and plan to keep using them.

Same. I've ordered a bunch from them.

I have loaded and shot several thousands and I have 5k 147gr 9mm, a couple cases of .45 230gr, and I'll soon have a first whole case of 200gr .40.

I love them been using them for the whole season was able to shoot a side bet thing at a local club match hit a half size steel at 131 yards 9mm 147 gr . Do a ladder for your pistol and you will find they are really accurate.

I use them in my open Glock. Like them so far.

Are you shooting major?

Not yet, but I have read posts of others using them in major. Just moved to open with a home built glock. Can't find a readily availed stream of powder to load for major yet.

Just tried the 9mm/125 RN and they shot great. Quite soft considering I was using Power Pistol. 4.6 gave me 1,040 fps out of my Glock 17.

I'll be ordering these as my go to bullets for 9 and will be trying 45's later on.

I have said this before, but here I go again. I shoot them in a open gun, at 1400 fps. I was sold on them when resetting steel, I found flattened bullets with the blue coating still on the bullet. Not just some.. The outside of the bullet ( what was left of it), still had the coating on it.

I have said this before, but here I go again. I shoot them in a open gun, at 1400 fps. I was sold on them when resetting steel, I found flattened bullets with the blue coating still on the bullet. Not just some.. The outside of the bullet ( what was left of it), still had the coating on it.

+1 I have a pile of blue bullet bases under my steel plates with the coating still on them.

The bullets are great and the customer service is even better. One without the other has never worked for me. Chandler at BBI and the folks at SNS do a great job also but Blue is local. The coating on Blue is tenacious to be sure and the new groovless bullets they make are working out great for my pea shooters.

I have used Blue Bullets for almost a year now. 180gr FP in .40 cal and 147gr in 9mm (RN and FP). I'm very happy with them. My latest shipment, the coating was much glossier, less chalky than normal. I hope they keep this going.

Isnt anyone concerned that the coating appears to be coming off during the loading process? IF that's coming off in the loading process im sure its also coming off in your barrel.

SNS, Bayou and BBI dont appear to leave a residue when loading...at least for me.

Thoughts on this?

Lots of stuff comes off inside the barrel - moly, lead, copper, powder residue, traces of primer compound...

As long as you clean the barrel once in a while, and don't do vodka shooters through the barrel, I don't see a reason for concern. I haven't seen any signs of lingering build up at all.

Isnt anyone concerned that the coating appears to be coming off during the loading process? IF that's coming off in the loading process im sure its also coming off in your barrel.

SNS, Bayou and BBI dont appear to leave a residue when loading...at least for me.

Thoughts on this?

My 2 cents--

I've shot close to 1k of these through a CZ and have cleaned the barrel twice. I didn't need to do anything special, a few patches soaked in CLP, couple passes with a brass brush and it was squeaky clean. So, no I'm not at all worried about it. IMHO it's just a little dust generated during shipping and handling. The coating itself is bonded very well to the bullet.