Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Billet upper and lower pair

Iowashooter

I have a hankering to build my first rifle. I have bought factory in the past but no factory rifle has every component I want so, I guess it is time to bite the bullet and start piecing this together. I cannot decide which brand of upper and lower to get. I am thinking billet. I would also like something with an aggressive magwell and large trigger guard. Help me save some shopping time by steering me in the right direction. Doesn't need to be stripped.

Seekins makes a nice billet upper/lower with a nice large trigger guard and a unique magwell. Noveske has a nice flared magwell on their billet lower but the trigger guard is close to standard. There are some other nice ones out there and the billet models look awesome. Should be a fun project!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seekins makes a nice billet upper/lower with a nice large trigger guard and a unique magwell. Noveske has a nice flared magwell on their billet lower but the trigger guard is close to standard. There are some other nice ones out there and the billet models look awesome. Should be a fun project!

Good choices. I will add Mega Arms to that list.

I will second the CMT billet uppers and lowers. I just switched all my JP components from a forged upper to CMT upper and the fit and finished are excellent. I haven’t shot it yet, but I do not anticipate it being any less accurate than it was. I am still waiting for the lower to go with it.

The Noveske Gen 2/3 lowers are forged.

Here is their billet lower with the flaired magwellpost-17962-140885871651_thumb.jpg Edited by gng4life

Here is their billet lower with the flaired magwell IMG_0194-800.jpg

Thier flared magwell lowers are all forged. The picture you linked was pulled from here. http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2011/03/01/noveske-flared-forged-lower-aka-the-ffl/

Thier flared magwell lowers are all forged. The picture you linked was pulled from here. http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2011/03/01/noveske-flared-forged-lower-aka-the-ffl/
That lower is a Noveske, it has a larger magwell, and it is a billet - not forged. I will make sure to call them tomorrow to confirm.

Also, go to gunbroker and are tons of advertised billet Noveske lowers with large magwells, you better go tell all of them they are falsely advertising a product that doesnt exist [emoji1]

That lower is a Noveske, it has a larger magwell, and it is a billet - not forged. I will make sure to call them tomorrow to confirm.

They may have changed to billet for the G3s but all previous N4s with flared magwells were forged just like the article says.