Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport

EEH

I am interested in a CZ ts but I see a lot of them for sale with extra slide locks.

Is there a problem with them breaking or what's the deal with the extra parts ?

I am interested in a CZ ts but I see a lot of them for sale with extra slide locks.

Is there a problem with them breaking or what's the deal with the extra parts ?

That's a CZ thing in general. I have not broken one on my TS or Shadow but I know others who have. I did recently acquire a match only slide lock that goes in the gun when it counts and then comes back out to let the other one get beat up for practice.

My TS 40 broke one at about 8000 rounds with the factory recoil spring for about 1/2 of those and a DPM recoil reducing recoil spring for the rest. Have about 4000 on the new slide stop. My TS also came with 2 extra extractors. I haven’t replaced one of those but I did have to replace the extractor spring at about the 2000 round count. I also keep spares with me.

it's kind of a wear item.

I keep 2 for my shadow. one for matches that I keep track of rounds on it, the other one I use for practice and basically use it till the match one has more than 5000 rounds on it. when that happens the match one becomes the practice one. I buy a new one for matches and the old practice one becomes an emergency spare. :) at under $50 each it's not a big deal to keep a spare.

My understanding is that it is a designed weak link to protect more expensive parts from breaking under high impact loads. Maybe true, maybe not. Either way as others say always have two. One for practice and "I don't care" matches and the other for big matches.

I had one and it came with two extras and a few extractors too. Never had to replace either, but was nice to have them. I do not think it is a design problem though. The recoil system is very similar to the BHP. Lots of pistols use a linkless barrel action. Just the nature of the beast.

people running light recoil springs and having the slide bounce off the slide stop.

Doesn't the slidestop take more of the impact when the slide returns forward, not under recoil forces?

If this is incorrect could someone please explain how slidestop breakage is more likely with lighter recoil springs?

lighter recoil springs mean less control over the motion of the slide and barrel rearwards. the slide stop is what pulls the barrel out from the slide to separate them in recoil. with stuff moving faster I guess it takes more of a beating.

in response to EEH I don't think it's a problem. I've never broken one on my shadows. One had the same stop for 30,000+ rounds. I just replaced it for the sake of match reliability. :)

• 4 months later...

Good morning. . I've been reading a lot of the post and you guys seem to be an authority when it comes to the cz Ts. I have a few questions, and hope you can help me. First, what recoil spring would you recommend, I still have a stock slide and will be shooting 180 or 200 grain lead 165pf. Second, what hammer did you use from cz custom, is it a drop in? Third, what dawson sight do I need to install to get a poa/ poi at 20 yrd using the stock rear sight. Thanks again and have blessed New year.

Third, what dawson sight do I need to install to get a poa/ poi at 20 yrd using the stock rear sight.

I posted this in the other thread where you asked about front sight height, but here it is again in case you haven't visited that one lately:

All measurements from bottom of sight base to top of the blade

Factory TS .40 front sight: 7.4mm (.291")

Dawson .195 T sight: 7.2mm (.284")

Dawson .215 T sight: 7.8mm (.308")

So, if you're shooting a bit high with the factory sight, go for the .215 Dawson. If you're shooting low, go with the .195 Dawson. If you're dead on with the factory sight, you'll have to compromise a bit for the Dawson as they don't make anything in between.

Another factor to consider is that the .215T Dawson sight is .90 wide while the .195T is .1 wide.