Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SBR question

1911vm

Got an itch for a SBR. Started doing reserch wow to much reading LOL. So decided ask in the best forum I known.

What is the best barrel length.( Best) most reliable and accurate under 12in. Thanks in advance.

PS. I would prefer a DI verses piston.

I have a 10.5". I have not shot it too much, maybe 800-1,000 rounds. It works. It has a standard carbine buffer and spring, no fancy parts. It reliably cycles Wolf and will lock open on an empty mag. It chronos about 500fps slower than my 18" JP with M193 (avg 2620 for 10.5 and 3130 for JP).

Hurley

From what I've read many suppressor companies don't want you to run shorter than 11.5 (?) so it doesn't eat away to baffles. I ran an 11.5 lmt for a few rounds and it was great, and I have a ~6" upper in 22lr that I use for steel challenge and small rimfire 3 gun. That's hilarious and runs like a dream

300 is a cool round. But I like to shoot to much. And 300 is way to expensive for me.

If you cast your own, it is very cheap. I cast 160 grain and 245 grain bullets. If you coat them correctly, you can run them as fast as jacketed in this cartridge. It is a pia, but cheap.

From what I've read many suppressor companies don't want you to run shorter than 11.5 (?) so it doesn't eat away to baffles. I ran an 11.5 lmt for a few rounds and it was great, and I have a ~6" upper in 22lr that I use for steel challenge and small rimfire 3 gun. That's hilarious and runs like a dream

6in????? would love to see that

I have a 10.5" 300BLK "pistol" since I don't live in a free state, I love it. Way more accurate than 7.63x39, punches with authority, and the recoil is negligible compared to other 30 cal rounds.

It is a bit pricy if you buy factory ammo, but if you reload it is quite cheap.

Since you live in a free state I would really suggest it since a can is also a possibility. Suppressed with sub subsonic ammo is the real way to do it, although I have no complaints.

6in????? would love to see that

I'll get some pictures for you. It's a 22 in a 223 barrel, so no gas system to worry about. I have a 7" quad rail so it just pokes out.

Got an itch for a SBR. Started doing reserch wow to much reading LOL. So decided ask in the best forum I known.

What is the best barrel length.( Best) most reliable and accurate under 12in. Thanks in advance.

Since you live in CT, it might be better just to get an upper with an integral suppressor because I don't think they let you use a removable muzzle device on an AR. Only need 1 stamp. I think I DD sells something like this.

Are you going to use 300 BLK or 5.56?

Since you live in CT, it might be better just to get an upper with an integral suppressor because I don't think they let you use a removable muzzle device on an AR. Only need 1 stamp. I think I DD sells something like this.

Are you going to use 300 BLK or 5.56?

Or a Liberty Leonidas if you want a good one.

From all the reading I have done 11.5 does seem to be the way to go. But this DD supresor SBR combo looks interesting . but it looks to be 300blk only.

yeah, it's 300 BLK. This is the one I was talking about: http://forum.snipershide.com/firearms-sale/252813-dd-m4-isr-%242725-shipped.html

I think that 300 BLK is better suited for this role than 5.56, but it's your money.

If you have the time, patience, and money....you can make any of the above work fine. I've considered building an SBR for 3-gun....lightweight BCG, lightweight buffer system, adjustable gas block. I would likely use an 11.5" or 12.5" barrel with 11-13" handguard depending on the comp used.

I was told by a friend to look seriously in to Daniel Defense. so I did and they do not have an 11.5 at all. 10.3 or 12.5. then I went to Noveske and same thing 10.5 i wounder why

Edited by 1911vm

I used a Rainier 10.5" match barrel. Only have about 150 rounds through it so far, haven't really accuracy tested it, but it's been reliable with Freedom 55's, Wolf Gold 55's, and a few hand loads.

Working on some low pressure rounds so it'll be silencer friendly if I can ever get one. Using minimum loads, so there is very little recoil with an H2 buffer.

Plan on stretching it out to 200 yards this weekend.