Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Summer Blast

Howdy Gang,

The Summer Blast as you can see on the USPSA web page is set for July 7 - 10, 2005. This year's match will be held in York, PA.

Howard Thompson and the gang at York put on a great Mid Atlantic and combine their skills with the crafty course design of the Summer Blast match staff you have a match that you would not want to miss.

This will be a great warm up for the nationals. We will test you every shooting ability from speed to accuracy, power is up to you and the chrono gods.

Out lay of the match. This year we have thrown in a change. The match fee went to $75 but it will include a shirt. Not bad for $10. We will still have the same half day format, shooting all 10 stages in 4-5 hours.

I am currently working on hotel arraingements and working the last details out. The stages have been submitted for Pint Series approval and once that is complete they will be submitted for Tournament approval. Last year we had 253 shooters. We will have a classifier stage and if things go like last year, classifications were used in Limited, Open and Production. If I can get Steve Broom and Jeff Gambrell there this year we may even get L10 in as a classifier.

If you would like a match application please email me at azone40@adelphia.net

We have some of the nationals staff lined up to help and I hope the get Mrs. BDH there as well.......

Hope to see everyone at the match, it will be a great time.

Larry

MD Summer Blast B)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not wait for this match!!!

I have heard that Larry and the gang do a great job up there, and am proud to be able to work with them!!! I think that anyone coming to this match will not be dissappointed. I'll be shooting with staff and am bringing the wheelie gun. Hopefully, I'll make it into "B" by then. I hope to see a lot of you there!!! ;)

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Things are coming along quite well with the Summer Blast.

We have 10 stages / 248 rounds to test your skills in a half day format. This will be a great warm up for the Nationals.

As of right now I know of no less than 12 GM's that are planning on making the trip to the Summer Blast.

We have some great stages, great food, a great match staff and we plain out have fun at this match.

Get theose applications in, you can down load an app at www.lchico.5u.com click on the 2005 Summer Blast link.

See you on the range,

Larry

• 2 months later...

Right now everything is open. Sunday is filling the fastest, but I still have room for over 4 full squads on Sunday.

For those folks who don't know me, I'm probably the most flexible stats person you have ever met. You DO NOT have to send your applications in the same envelope to be squadded with your friends. Just write on the bottom of the application who you prefer to squad with (legible is nice) and that is what I will do.

I doesn't matter if they all come in individually, because I do not squad anyone until the Tuesday before the match. So please don't hold on to your applications waiting for your friends to send one in.

Also, please do not waste money on Fed EX or Express Mail or other expensive methods. I enter folks by postmark date or sending date. I don't like to penalize folks if the post office is slow.

If you have any questions, email me @ LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2005 Summer Blast Statistician

• 1 month later...

REMINDER:

The cost of shooting the Summer Blast goes up after June 1, 2005. Any applications postmarked June 1 or earlier will have an entry fee of $75, and June 2 or later will be $125.

Please note that I am going by the postmark date & NOT the date that the application and check arrive. To get an application see http://lchico.5u.com/blast.html

If you have been putting off sending in that application, please realize that a delay will be expensive. DO NOT put off sending in your application waiting for your friends. I do not require applications to arrive in the same envelope in order for you to be squadded together.

All time slots have openings. Contact me by email if you have questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The stages have been submitted for Pint Series approval

"PINT SERIES" :blink: Well, why didn't you tell me that in the first place? I'm sure I could score 100% on all of those classifiers! :lol::lol::lol:

We have some of the nationals staff lined up to help and I hope the get Mrs. BDH there as well.......

Oh, I see.... I tell you that I am booked too tight with Nationals right after your match, and now you are recruiting MRS. BDH?? :angry::D;)

Seriously... this is a great match, and I hate to miss it this year, but the old body (err, I mean the work schedule) cannot take back to back weekends... ;)

• 1 month later...

In response to the many, many questions by email which are crowding into a very busy day (involving t-shirts, scoresheets & labels):

Yes, you will be able to preview stages & even walk out onto bays that have no one shooting, but not to "play" on the props. Since only Saturday AM is completely full, there should be some opportunites to view & there will be time between AM & PM groups. Years ago, I promised myself not to ever, ever work a match without open stages. . .Long story. Trust me that closed stages will not happen on any match that has my name associated with it.

Larry & I work well together because we agree completely that the match should be 1st safe & 2nd shooter friendly.

Linda Chico (L-2035)