Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best for Quadload - Benelli Super Vinci or Remington Versa Max?

uhcoog1

Which shotgun is better for Quad Load - Super Vinci or Versa Max? I'm in the market for a new shotgun.

Qualities I need:

-Easy to Quad Load

-Easy to increase LOP (up to 15.5"), adjust drop and cast for a lefty shooter

-Extremely reliable

This will be used for 3 gun and sporting clays.

Thanks,

Wade

I can't speak for or against the Super Vinci but I can quad load my versamax pretty easily. It took some tweaking of the shell latch and loading port to get it where I wanted, and the forearm took some shaving. But it's pretty damn good now.

I like it so much that I bought another versamax for Crucible Armament to do some magic with.

Well now, I'm going to have to say none of the above! Super Black Eagle is the heat! Same long port as the Versa, but with a fore end that isn't in the way at all. It is built with very high quality parts and wont need Benelli parts put into it to keep it from breaking.....it already has them in it!!! :)

Kurt-

You were the one who recommended the super Vinci in an older post- what makes the SBE better than the super Vinci? Or has the super vinci proven to be unreliable?

Thanks,
Wade

Super Vinci is by far the best shotgun for twins and quad loading. There is absolutely no hight difference in the loading port and "forend as it is one piece of polymer plastic. It will be the king for this., far better than a versa Max.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164500&page=2

Edited by uhcoog1

Nope the Super Vinci is still a great gun, but I hadn't played much with the SBE at that time, and in my opinion the SBE takes far less port work than the Vinci to be race ready and almost all its parts interchange with M2 s.

No the SBE port is much longer as it is a 3 1/2" rated shotgun. It is the size of a versa max port.

All we did to the SBE we are playing with was put on a Nordic extension. Have Jeff Cockrum weld up the lifter, put on a DMW big head safety, break the sharp edges off the loading port, and put in a standard weight recoil spring.

I was actually thinking of which shotguns would be best for 2's and 4's the other day as I get asked this a lot!! the 3 best are VM, Super Vin, and SBE, actually the very best is the Nova/SN but then you're stuck with a pump gun.

By my thinking the VM is good but requires more work and is the least reliable of the 3, the Super Vin is next but the loading port is a bit narrow, there are some small parts used in construction that are as of yet unproven and it requires a lot more work to get it to the level that the SBE already has, a lot of Vinci/SV have been butchered to get to what the SBE does with little more than a simple port job. The SBE is a bit heavier due to the metal used in its construction, it also seems to be immune to the Benelli issues of barrel/magtube interface due to the barrel actually being part of the receiver. It has been used, abused, and come out shining after years and years of use, so while many feel the "newer" guns are fashizzle, the old SBE/SBE2's require less work, work longer, seem to recoil less and provide great reliability.

The SBE will reliably shoot the same loads any M1 or M2 will.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 1 year later...

what a good time for my questions and concerns, Here up North the legal mag capacity for a SG is 5 rnds, or shall we say (5.9) for the longest shell its chambered. Although I love my 1301 and happy with it, I can only put 6 rnds of 2 3/4 since it has only 3" chamberr.

My initial plan is to get the Beretta A400 Extreme 26"or the SBEII 24 or 26", please share your ideas

To the Op, no intention to hijack your trade.

He's in Canada, not that simple to just move.

I have a versamax and it's made the difference in my love/hate of shotguns. I used to despise them and avoided all things shotgun unless I had to, but once I started shooting the versa I changed my mind. Now I have a 1301 and an akdal and even picked up an over/under for more fun with the flying stuff. Of all the shotguns set up for 3-gun the versa is my favorite to shoot and load. I've played with most of the others except for the sbe 2 which I would guess would be a great choice if you don't want to lug around a versa, but for me it's the only way to go.

I don't think you are hijacking anything since this thread was started over a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea right,

Move and leave family, friends, your job, your wife's job, the school your kids are in and everything you have ever known to put more shells in a shotgun. Or for any other reason for that matter. Not easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try it sometime

To your point I would move to a different state.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea right,

Move and leave family, friends, your job, your wife's job, the school your kids are in and everything you have ever known to put more shells in a shotgun. Or for any other reason for that matter. Not easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try it sometime

M2 had people bending barrels and remilling recievers to get a straight shooting barrel. Is the SBE2 different or do you need to send it to Redneck and have some magic installed?

Depends if the mag tube is out of alignment. That's what Kurts little jig does. Shows where the barrel is being pulled by the tube. Simple fix now.