Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BBI or Xtreme bullets

kmaultsby

I have used both in 9mm and 40 S&W and wanted options what others like or dislike? Advantages or dis-advantages using them in IDPA and USPSA production and in 40 S&W limited and limited 10? I am shooting 9mm out of an XD9 tactical and shooting a Glock 22.

I have tried both in my Brazos Pro Limited .40, and though the x-Tremes shoot well at 10-15 yards, I get much tighter groups at 25 yards with the BBI's. The x-Tremes could be cheaper than the BBI's and I'd still go with the BBI's for uspsa. I use the BBI 180gr bullets.

I use xtreme but I'm interested in all of the BBI comments as I haven't yet tried them.

Xtreme is pretty hard to beat with the $5 shipping and recent price reductions

I'm shooting both of these exclusively now. It seemed that the BBI are "naturally" a fraction more accurate than the extremes for any given load in my gun. They are 30-45fps faster for the same charge out of my barrell. I do occasionally have a feed issue where the shoulder of the field point catches on the barrell hood, it probably happens 2-3 times per thousand. I also haven't done much forensics on the root cause of the issue as I just refeed it and fire while out practicing.

I don't have this issue with the xtremes so I shoot them in matches. They are about the same price depending on the sale of the week, and I let that alone decide which way to go. The packaging for the extremes has been better and always intact, where I've had some boxes of BBI's opened on delivery. I didn't count to see if any were gone but I'm sure a few were.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either and I would suggest shooting both just to add a little spice to life. I would also suggest loading your mags switching between the two every other round. It really confuses the targets and I find they don't jump out of the bullet path nearly as often :roflol:

I have not tried BBI but the prices look very good and everything I hear about them sounds good. I have used xtreme in 9mm for the last year and have been very happy with them, the price has been reduced and the are actually the same or lower than the coated bullets I use. The only problem is xtreme is slow to ship, the last order I placed took 3 weeks to receive, not a huge issue I just try to order before I get to low.