Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers

TMC

The top is the 8 shot 627 PC in 38/357 for ICORE open, the middle is a 4" 610 in 10mm/40 they say is good for IDPA, and the bottom is a 5" 625 in 45acp (thanks Precision40) for USPSA. Now if I only had the time to shoot them.

100_1506.JPG

I actually have 9 if you count the 3 cowboy guns.

I can't compete with you Louis, you don't have kids! :D

Besides your one of the guys who refers to my entire collection of 54 guns as a "good start".

very nice...revolvers are kind of cool....seems like every now and then..one comes into my life..

a shooting buddy just showed off his 625 that he had sent off to Apex Tactical...that was a sweet trigger...

guess every now and then might be coming...

• 3 months later...
The top is the 8 shot 627 PC in 38/357 for ICORE open, the middle is a 4" 610 in 10mm/40 they say is good for IDPA, and the bottom is a 5" 625 in 45acp (thanks Precision40) for USPSA.  Now if I only had the time to shoot them.

100_1506.JPG

You can't see me but I'm wiping the drool from my chin...very nice wheelguns, sir! Some people just don't understand how sweet they are, do they? :D Any others?

• 2 years later...
Here are my USPSA boys (all .45acp; three M625; two M25-2)....some are still a work in progress. My compliments to Randy Lee for the bottom left. ;)

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY........good lookin set..just add 2 more to have a weeks worth of fun....do you use or have any of the 22 k frames to practice with ?

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY........good lookin set..just add 2 more to have a weeks worth of fun....do you use or have any of the 22 k frames to practice with ?

Yes, I have a six shot M617 and a 686, etc. but I was just taking a photo of the .45's. ;) No, I don't practice with them :goof: ...but I should. Maybe then Hop would let me get closer than 6% of him at a major!

Am I seeing things or is that a 646 on the bottom left? ;)

Hopalong............you know, the guy who takes your lunch money !!! :goof:

No, that is my Randy Lee (Apex Tactical) modified 625. I messed with it to the point that I had a M625 paperweight so Randy helped me out of a jam and made it a shooter. He got me interested in the Ti cylinders. I actually had a 646 once when I first started shooting revolvers...that was until I found out the moon clips were so expensive....and before I was totally invested in shooting revo's and didn't mind spending good money for Hearthco moonclips :goof:

Incidentally, I called SW today and ordered two of the Ti replacement cylinders for a couple of the revo's posted in the pic; however they seemed less than happy that I did. First they denied that they even have a Ti cylinder that will fit a 625 which was annoying enough (considering the one on I already have in the lower left of the photo :blink: ). Then the guy that answered the phone got exasperated that I wouldn't just go away and he put me on hold. Then he comes back five minutes later and tells me the price and takes down my information (all the while being generally annoyed). Then he barks "Anything else!?" Then I asked the most outrageous question....could they chamfer the charge holes before shipping? "You can't chamfer Ti cylinders!" Again...(looking at the one in the lower left of the photo) I explain that I'm surprised considering I own one that is chamferred. He goes on to explain that this removes the finish (no S^&T!) and that it would make it susceptable to rust (again...NO S^&T!!! :angry: ). Totally disgusted I simply tell him just to mail them and I'll figure out the rest.

After that exchange I was sure as hell not going to ask them what they would charge to fit the cylinders! Wow, what a HUGE disappointment from one of my favorite manufacturers! :(

could they chamfer the charge holes before shipping? "You can't chamfer Ti cylinders!" Again...(looking at the one in the lower left of the photo) I explain that I'm surprised considering I own one that is chamferred. He goes on to explain that this removes the finish (no S^&T!) and that it would make it susceptable to rust (again...NO S^&T!!! ). Totally disgusted I simply tell him just to mail them and I'll figure out the rest.

Hey Redmist,

The new TI cylinders I have seen come with a very generous chamfer that the factory does before the final coating.

Steve

Hey Redmist,

The new TI cylinders I have seen come with a very generous chamfer that the factory does before the final coating.

Steve

Let's hope. After the cool responses I received from the guy on the phone I'm not exactly filled with a lot of confidence.