Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tumbler brands

My RCBS just burned out for the second time, out of warranty. first one was within a yr warranty. this one i havent used in about a month and it wont turn on now. i never ran it for more than 3 hours at a time.

what do you guys reccomend?

I have a frankford arsenal with thousands of hours on it. I have left it running for days before.

Had mine 4 years now probably 10000+'through it and still good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've got the FA and I had to have my son the electrician re-wire the motor once. The wires from the motor are not very durable. However I've cleaned thousands of rounds of brass and does a good job. I had the thumlers vibratory tumbler and it did a good job but not any better than the FA.

I have a frankford arsenal with thousands of hours on it. I have left it running for days before.

I too have one. I can't seem to kill it... I cant even imagine how many thousands of cases I've put through it....but if I had to guess, close to 50,000. I've left it running for days on end many many times. Its better than a Timex.

My one thought as to how my tumblers died so easily is b/c I keep it in my garage that gets to be below freezing in the winters here in NH. Do you guys think this had anything to do with it?

I suppose its possible. I am on the other side. I live in south FL and my tumbler is in close to 100% temps hot ass garage all year round. Maybe ithe Frankford loves the heat/hates the cold. I guess I'll never know.. I'm the same way. My blood is too thin and I hate the cold.

Started with a F/A that I ran for about 2 years. Was okay and got the job done but was very loud. Went to a Lyman about a year ago and it made 1/2 the noise, guess Im sticking with Lyman

I have a Lyman 1200 which I bought in 1981....still works, but every once in a while it hummed and not vibrated, I took it apart and blew out the dust/crud with my compressor per another post from someone. That was done over 1 month ago and it has worked fine since. But a month ago I bought a Frankford Arsenal but I have not used it yet....

I have a Lyman 1200 which I bought in 1981....still works, but every once in a while it hummed and not vibrated, I took it apart and blew out the dust/crud with my compressor per another post from someone. That was done over 1 month ago and it has worked fine since. But a month ago I bought a Frankford Arsenal but I have not used it yet....

ohhhh interesting.. this is the symptom my RCBS one has.. just hums..

Might be a good excuse to go buy an air compressor!

Just got the FA in today, ran 2 batches of .45 brass through it. It is quieter than my RCBS and holds more.. Not sure how much quieter a Lyman can be.

Got a bunch of brass I want to clean to get ready to get rid of, once I reach the required post count.. Its hard to reach that for a lurker like me.

Definitely liking the FA better than the RCBS already though..

Just got the FA in today, ran 2 batches of .45 brass through it. It is quieter than my RCBS and holds more.. Not sure how much quieter a Lyman can be.

Got a bunch of brass I want to clean to get ready to get rid of, once I reach the required post count.. Its hard to reach that for a lurker like me.

Definitely liking the FA better than the RCBS already though..

137 isn't enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a lyman 600 back in 1990 used the snot out of that thing -- I switched it over to a 1200 tub pretty quick -- I just lent it to a friend who is just starting reloading -- It'll work for as long as he needs

I switched to a wet tumbler set up -- I will never use the dustmaker again

Edited by Heavyopp

+1 on the Berrys, they make a lot of private labeled ones. I really like their seperator with the lid, works great with stainless pins as you don't have to worry about chasing/losing them with it.

s7_214213_999_01_zps5f2e3784.jpg

Hard to beat the Dillon CV Series I have 50-70 thousand cases through it, sets in the garage at zero temperatures and yes occasionally it will run a day or two before I remember to shut it off.

Wish all my gear would run that well.

+1 on the Berrys, they make a lot of private labeled ones. I really like their seperator with the lid, works great with stainless pins as you don't have to worry about chasing/losing them with it.

s7_214213_999_01_zps5f2e3784.jpg

I got the same thing from Cabelas 6 years or so ago, and I've loved it. Does a great job and keeps down the airborne dust.