Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTF Brand New G34 Gen 4 =(

YellowShooter

Any close up pictures of the malfunction? Is it possible your thumb is hitting the slide stop and holding it open? Are you shooting reloads or factory?

Eta: after watch in the video again you thumb is definitely high and riding the extended slide stop.

Edited by LoganbillJ

I agree, had the same problem, when I got my new 34. Bet your hitting your slide lock with your thumb. Just not realizing it. Try this, put your strong or weak hand thumb on top of your slide lock. Fire away, problem solved.

Slide lock. Put in a standard one. The extended ones are evil.

GREAT! I am glad!

So this should work!

I was so concerned that maybe the most important upgrade made to this gun that was causing this malfunction! The slide back plate! ;)

post-53662-0-71071500-1401071686_thumb.j

post-53662-0-78311900-1401071766_thumb.j

I agree, had the same problem, when I got my new 34. Bet your hitting your slide lock with your thumb. Just not realizing it. Try this, put your strong or weak hand thumb on top of your slide lock. Fire away, problem solved.

+1 I was having the same problem. Swapped out the slide stop with a standard one. No more issues.

Sounds great guys! I will try that, I think I will stick around this forum for a while... No one went... Oh you must be limp wristing!

I was waiting to see that but no, Looks like grip interfering with the slide stop.

The other thing you should get used to doing is using the slide stop to close the slide instead of manually racking it back to release.

Sounds great guys! I will try that, I think I will stick around this forum for a while... No one went... Oh you must be limp wristing!

I was waiting to see that but no, Looks like grip interfering with the slide stop.

The other thing you should get used to doing is using the slide stop to close the slide instead of manually racking it back to release.

Why can't you manually rack the slide? I do it all the time.....

Fwiw I personally like the extended slide stop , you just have to get used to it.and forgot to mention this also stop limp wristing. ?

Edited by Oskino

Why can't you manually rack the slide? I do it all the time.....

You do it all the time just to chamber a round in the gun or is that also how you perform slide-lock reloads?

Could the factory have installed the slide stop spring incorrectly? I seem to recall that is a pretty common issue with Glocks that will cause the slide stop to float around and lock back randomly.

I do it to chamber a round and sometimes slide lock reloads. Why can't you do it?

First and foremost for a competition shooter is that it is much slower than using the slide stop. Second is that you are more likely to introduce a malfunction. It's easy to follow the slide forward with your hand which reduces the force that your recoil spring uses to chamber the next round. For speed and consistency the slide stop works better every time.

I do it to chamber a round and sometimes slide lock reloads. Why can't you do it?

First and foremost for a competition shooter is that it is much slower than using the slide stop. Second is that you are more likely to introduce a malfunction. It's easy to follow the slide forward with your hand which reduces the force that your recoil spring uses to chamber the next round. For speed and consistency the slide stop works better every time.

Ahhh Yes,

I come from the non competition world, what you said makes sense.

As far as a defective slide stop spring... I don't know right now i swapped it with the one from my G19 we will see how it goes today. I personally don't see the benefit of an extended one =)

It all depends on how you are using it. I don't think it matters either way, so long as you practice it to the point that you can function with it without conscious thought.

Ahhh Yes,

I come from the non competition world, what you said makes sense.

As far as a defective slide stop spring... I don't know right now i swapped it with the one from my G19 we will see how it goes today. I personally don't see the benefit of an extended one =)

I had to do the same thing on my 34.