Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How About Showing Your SHOTGUN(S) SETUP?

Nalapombu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BJ tore it up at SSM3G with his JMPro.

I LOVED mine for the $600 price point....when it ran right. It was just to hit and miss for me. Finally got it running good and sold it because I couldnt 100% trust it.

Can someone explain the Browning A5 thing? If the barrel and mag tube are not connected by a clamp, how could the threads shear off on the extension nut simply from the barrel reciprocating back and forth during firing? I mean I can see it if they are connected, but if they aren't...how? There were likely MILLIONS of those A5's sold over the years and who knows how many of them were used for bird hunting of some type where you can shoot shells all day long. If that happened wouldn't there be some kind of history to point to of the same thing?

Just curious. Please explain it if you don't mind.

Nalajr

Not going to lead by example?

I wish I had something to show... :(

I've never been in a 3-Gun match and don't have anything other than a standard Benelli M1S90 with a 21 inch barrel, just like it comes from the factory...

Maybe one day soon though.

Nalajr

that is all you need... weld lifter and go shoot a match....

I was not there so I cannot answer with certainty, but we can assume that since this was at a match the gun was probably modified and that may have had something to do with why it broke.

Can someone explain the Browning A5 thing? If the barrel and mag tube are not connected by a clamp, how could the threads shear off on the extension nut simply from the barrel reciprocating back and forth during firing? I mean I can see it if they are connected, but if they aren't...how? There were likely MILLIONS of those A5's sold over the years and who knows how many of them were used for bird hunting of some type where you can shoot shells all day long. If that happened wouldn't there be some kind of history to point to of the same thing?

Nalajr

I guess I could make my fist post here.

JM Pro

Nordic +7 tube

Nordic low drag follower

welded lifter

beveled loading port

SkyTac bolt release

polished shell stop

hydro dipped Kryptic yeti , carbon fiber tube

fn LM Choke

Any info on the bolt release?

Googled Sky Tac with no hits.

Thanks.

Nalajr

I had a A5 years ago, a common problem with the A5 is that the wood forearm would split because when the barrel returns to the forward position it slams into the forearm which is held in place by only the nut "Magazine cap" there is nothing else that stops the barrel moving forward. Any tube extensions that you put on a A5 will need to hold up to the beating from the barrel cycling and impacting against the forearm and extension.

So unless the extension tube coupler was designed to be as strong as the original steel magazine cap of the A5 there is a good chance it will eventually have its threads sheared off.

Not going to lead by example?

I wish I had something to show...:(

I've never been in a 3-Gun match and don't have anything other than a standard Benelli M1S90 with a 21 inch barrel, just like it comes from the factory...

Maybe one day soon though.

Nalajr

GREAT gun the M1. I have been shooting shotgun for years and the shotty I am taking to the Benelli match in 2 weeks is a M1 s90. Get a Taran lifter/ tube/ and have a decent gun smith enlarge the loading port - ready to rock!

The more I look at those VINCI shotguns with the long tubes and the TACTICAL version, the more I like them. They are kinda growing on me. Then again, I like 'em all. I wouldn't turn any of them down.

Thanks all.

Nalajr

Skytactical is actually my company. I have a few parts I make. It is a gunsmith shop here in central ky. I have not yet got a web page as I just launched the company 1 month ago.

I guess I could make my fist post here.

JM Pro

Nordic +7 tube

Nordic low drag follower

welded lifter

beveled loading port

SkyTac bolt release

polished shell stop

hydro dipped Kryptic yeti , carbon fiber tube

fn LM Choke

Any info on the bolt release?

Googled Sky Tac with no hits.