Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Shadow SAO

brianr34

I have never owned a CZ, but I am interested in a CZ75 Shadow SAO. Model 91711. If anyone has feedback on this gun, I would appreciate it.

For IDPA, I assume I would have to shoot ESP with it.

Is this gun worth the $300 more than the normal 75B or 75 SAO?

Get the SA/DA model and add the short reset disco. With the short reset disco the SA pull will be just as good as the SAO and you will have more divisions that you can compete in. IDPA SSP, IDPA ESP, and USPSA Production.

I have a 75 Shadow with the short reset, and I'd have to agree with Czhase. It's my IDPA esp gun and I'm using in Production too. If your set on SAO though, I'd still go with the Shadow model. Its set up better for competition shooting.

I have a 75 Shadow with the short reset, and I'd have to agree with Czhase. It's my IDPA esp gun and I'm using in Production too. If your set on SAO though, I'd still go with the Shadow model. Its set up better for competition shooting.

You shoot IDPA with your Shadow? Doesn't IDPA require a firing pin block in all divisions? Please correct me if I am wrong, just curious.

You shoot IDPA with your Shadow? Doesn't IDPA require a firing pin block in all divisions? Please correct me if I am wrong, just curious.

You just can't remove a FPB if the gun comes from the factory with one. If the gun never had one it is perfectly legal in IDPA.

You just can't remove a FPB if the gun comes from the factory with one. If the gun never had one it is perfectly legal in IDPA.

Got it.

I'm a newb, my bad :P

Only if it has it to begin with.

Shadows have a better hammer than 75b or 75b SA.

Also better sights and usually a third mag.

So some better upgrades for the price.

I use a Cz 75 shadow SAO for Idpa esp. It's a terrific gun. Trigger is very nice. I can't compare it to a Cz 75 SAO or a Cz 75 shadow Da/Sa as I haven't shot them. Remember if you get a da/Sa gun and use it for Idpa ssp or uspsa production, you must manually lower the hammer. I wasn't comfortable with that, though many people are.

to me, it is the shadow trigger. you just can't make a gun, i mean trigger, with the firing pin block (fpb) in place and operational as well as you can in the shadow model with no fpb.

stock to stock, shadow wins. modified to modified i still give it to the shadow trigger.

now my sao gun with the fpb still in is very nice. but the shadow guns i've shot with similar work are just a little better in the trigger.

+1 on the SA/DA version with short reset trigger job. My SP01 Shadow with the srt is really awesome. BigDave is correct that many divisions require lowering the hammer at start. This can be done safely with practice. Some ROs are surprised to see this, so I often advise this is what I'm doing if I don't know the RO or am at a new match.

I have a CZ 75 Shadow SAO, and really like it. It is my steel gun. I have a magwell (short Aluminum grips) and a STS red dot with CZC mount. 2 big sticks and magwell compatible basepads on my factory 18 rounders. Sorry, I can't compare it to a non-Shadow, but I really like it a lot. I also have a DA/SA CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Custom (avatar) for USPSA Production div. If you can only have one gun, get the DA/SA, but if you can afford two, get 'em both! ;)

Edited by rack&roll

to me, it is the shadow trigger. you just can't make a gun, i mean trigger, with the firing pin block (fpb) in place and operational as well as you can in the shadow model with no fpb.

stock to stock, shadow wins. modified to modified i still give it to the shadow trigger.

now my sao gun with the fpb still in is very nice. but the shadow guns i've shot with similar work are just a little better in the trigger.

thanks for that. my thoughts are the same, but I have only really 'felt' the SAO 75 trigger once and not shot it, but have lots of time on a couple of shadows (with pre-b disco, comp hammer etc) and they do have a nice trigger.