Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about belts.

bigarm

Tell me about belts for USPSA and multigun. We will be shooting single stack 1911. My wife will be using a comp tac holster and handgun and rifle mag pouches. She received it yesterday. He favorite color is red, so it is red and she really likes it. I ordered a blade tech owb holster with the d/os paddle and handgun and rifle mag pouches with paddles. From my understanding, I must take off the offset attachment of the holster for USPSA, but can use it for multigun. So now I would like to know what belts to use. It seems that most I see talked about are CR speed and DAA. From what I gather the DAA is thicker or something making it more difficult to put the items on it. Also, can you explain the "double" belt or provide me with links that describe it? Does the inner belt thread through the belt loops to have a "legal" belt and the outer hold the accessories and attach to the inner belt by velcro or something? Thanks for your help. I probably should just use the search feature, but it seems like people here are knowledgeable and wish to help others, so I am taking the easy way and asking for your help.

Yes, the major players in the shooting belts are a two piece deal. You put the inner belt on just like a regular belt. Run it through the loops and sinch it up nice and tight. It has soft velcro on the outside that mates with the stiff velcro on the outer belt. Once the inner belt is on you just attach the outer belt to it and overlap the ends and you are set. No need to keep threading pouches and holsters on and off the belt. Just tear the outer belt off with all gear attached.

DOH bracket is a no go in SS. With the paddles on your gear it will fit easy onto either brand. Actually paddles are only preferred if you want to take them off and on easily when you are using your regular belt. With a shooting belt dedicated to the game most run gear that is threaded on tight and left alone.

Velcro is the answer to everything on these belts. You can put velcro on the backs of your gear to hold it in place and help keep the belts stuck together when you have a lot of SS pouches especially.

DAA will be the slightly thicker and stiffer compared to CRSpeed but the CR is plenty of belt and is worn by a lot of shooters. You really can't go wrong with either.

I'm waiting for my custom made from FBC Tactical. http://fbctactical.com/index.html These belts offer better security with their double overlapped design and they had the best color selection, with a lifetime warranty. I went with the 3Speed and an EDC. Give it a look before you make your decison on an "off the shelf" belt. Tell them ChaosShooter sent you.

They start at $80 though. And you have to wait for it. They seem like they would be good belts though.

Should have mine next week. I'm the local "Wreck It Ralph", so it'll be put through the paces. Personally, I think American made and the keepers make it worth the extra money, plus it's "custom". Buy once, cry once...lifetime warranty. I'll try to keep updates in a different thread.

I had the same problem not too long ago. Here is the link I hope.... http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185900&page=1

Anyway, I had several concerns. That it would hold up and be a good fit for me but mostly a US made belt is a must for. That narrows the choices down a lot but I'm happy with my Volund gear works belt. I have one for carry/idpa and I had them make me a custom one for uspsa/3 gun which is a inner and outer system like DAA or CR Speed. I would recommend their Atlas belt, at least give it a look.

Yes, the major players in the shooting belts are a two piece deal. You put the inner belt on just like a regular belt. Run it through the loops and sinch it up nice and tight. It has soft velcro on the outside that mates with the stiff velcro on the outer belt. Once the inner belt is on you just attach the outer belt to it and overlap the ends and you are set. No need to keep threading pouches and holsters on and off the belt. Just tear the outer belt off with all gear attached.

DOH bracket is a no go in SS. With the paddles on your gear it will fit easy onto either brand. Actually paddles are only preferred if you want to take them off and on easily when you are using your regular belt. With a shooting belt dedicated to the game most run gear that is threaded on tight and left alone.

Velcro is the answer to everything on these belts. You can put velcro on the backs of your gear to hold it in place and help keep the belts stuck together when you have a lot of SS pouches especially.

DAA will be the slightly thicker and stiffer compared to CRSpeed but the CR is plenty of belt and is worn by a lot of shooters. You really can't go wrong with either.

So if not paddle attachments, then are the tek-lok preferred or what? I checked my order on line and it is still processing, so if need be I may be able to call and change if necessary. However, if I do that, I better do it soon.

If you want to be able to remove your gear or change configurations easily then for Blade Tech you can put a TMMS attachment on your tekloks.

[/

quote]

What is a TMMS attachment? I don't see it on the web site.

[/quote

Actually, I just found the TMMS. It looks good. What do you think, should I try to change my order?

Edited by bigarm

Somehow I messed up the above reply. I tried to quote and then add my own, but it all went in the quote. So the TMMS looks good. Should I try to change my order. I want to buy once and be done. At least for a while!

You definitely don't want the paddle attachment. The blade tech stuff is modular so you could remove the paddle and buy Tekloks and TMMS if you want. straight belt attachment would even be better.

This would be if you are using a CR speed, DAA, or blade tech inner/outer belt combo.

The other option is the Safariland ELS system. It's pretty popular with 3 gun folks and allows you to easily remove gear. One possible advantage of the ELS is that you have the option of bolting gear right to the belt if you don't want to remove it easily.

Two good red options for belts

DAA http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=8000172A-1388518374

Safariland

http://www.copquest.com/23-8025_safariland-014-open-class-competition-holster.htm

These are both available at several retailers. I think DAA is a bit more popular and looks great in red.

New red belt from CR speed as well http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/mobile/CR-Speed-Super-Hi-Torque-DELUXE-RED-Range-Belt-P208.aspx

Edited by alma

If you are going to set a belt up and forget it, you don't even want techlok. You really just want belt loops style. For 3 gun I guess folks do a lot of switching around then you would want something like techlok.

most of the guys have covered it. I have tried most of the name belts now and my fav is the new-ish CR speed hi-torque DELUXE belt.

they are nearly as thick as the DAA, and super stiff in one direction, but nice and easy to wrap tight to your body. I found the DAA a bit too stiff in that direction.

$60. can't go wrong.

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=CRSPBLTDXR&n=CR-Speed-Deluxe-Belt-System

CR%20Speed%20Deluxe%20Belt.jpg

I have the silver version and really like it too.

CRSPBLTDXS.jpg

Thanks for the help. We ordered a CR Speed red one like above for the wife and a black one with blue trim for me. Unfortunately had to order from two different sites to get sizes needed. We measured then added two inches. Hopefully that will work out as per the instructions. We have a USPSA match next Sunday. Hopefully they will get here by then. If not, I guess we will use our regular belts again. Thanks again for the help.

yep, measured waist (or just regular pants size), plus 2 inches will give plenty of overlap. you don't need heaps and heaps. as long as you have at least 4 inches of overlap you're fine. once it gets past about 9 inches it's just getting in the way. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the CR speed deluxe belt. they make for a very solid platform. :)

I have used CR Speed and Double Alpha. I am currently using the Safariland ELS System Belt. You can reconfigure the belt without removing it. Very simple to exchange holsters, mag pouches etc. just slide them in and out of the mounting plates. The belts are also wider than the other brands and distribute the weight much better. The mag holders stay up and don't flop over due to the weight of the loaded pistol or AR mags. The Safariland 014 Holster is the way to go for Limited, L-10 and Open.

• 8 months later...

I'm waiting for my custom made from FBC Tactical. http://fbctactical.com/index.html These belts offer better security with their double overlapped design and they had the best color selection, with a lifetime warranty. I went with the 3Speed and an EDC. Give it a look before you make your decison on an "off the shelf" belt. Tell them ChaosShooter sent you.

So did you eventually get your belt? What did you think of it? Was it worth the wait and price?

So did you eventually get your belt? What did you think of it? Was it worth the wait and price?

I did and I have to say that no mass production belt I own is even close in workmanship or comfort. No more having to look for belt keepers and such, the overlap is secure from the get. I can't say enough good thing s about it, well worth the cost and the wait was shorter than expected. Since I ordered mine, Bobby has revamped the fitting process and done away with the custom embroidery. Take a look, I wouldn't recommend anything else.

I did and I have to say that no mass production belt I own is even close in workmanship or comfort. No more having to look for belt keepers and such, the overlap is secure from the get. I can't say enough good thing s about it, well worth the cost and the wait was shorter than expected. Since I ordered mine, Bobby has revamped the fitting process and done away with the custom embroidery. Take a look, I wouldn't recommend anything else.

That link is now dead. Did it change?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939136491/midwayusa-stage-1-competition-belt-black

Here's a cheap option I went with. The availability is scarce right now but I think it is worth the price. I wanted a belt for my revolver to have a separate setup from my other gun but didn't want to pay 120$ for two belts. I'd buy another because they are so cheap but aren't as thick as the cr speed. They have been back ordered for quite some time probably because of the price.

That link is now dead. Did it change?

Kevin,

It is not dead, just sorta not working. I would go to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FBC-Tactical-Inc/647368511949304

Jimmy is very busy. My wife and I are waiting for ours. We ordered it about 1 month ago. How he makes it custom is very unique. He asks for a measurement inside the loops of your pants. With this, he custom makes the inner belt and that arrives in about 2 weeks. You then measure the outer circumference of this and email him the size. He then custom makes that piece. So the process is understandingly slow, but accurate to within a half inch.

Shmella,

Thank you for sending jobs overseas. Keep buying that Midway crap. When you go to draw and the holster waggles all over the place, you will realize that having a stiff competition belt is key. Jimmy with FBC Tactical works very hard, does the work himself, and is determined not to compromise quality for quantity or profit. A true American, in my book. I am happy that I spent $125.00 for ONE belt, not $120 for two.

People who come online and talk about how cheap they bought something is fine, but when they talk about how it is just as good as the higher priced item, makes me sick. Complete ignorance.

NZM, I think you are out of line. Shmella put a link to a new competition belt from a great American company and you poo pooed it since it isnt American made and at an outrageous price. Midway has many of their products produced overseas. It just makes since labor is so much cheaper. They pass on the cheaper labor rates by offering good equipment at a good price. It definately saves me money. As soon as America can compete and produce goods at a competitive price then manufacturing will not keep moving overseas. Double Alpha and CR are not American made, but they produce the best in the business. I get the America is no. 1 mantra, but we live in a world economy. I own lots of American made items and lots of foreign made items. There is good and bad in both. I am not so ignorant to think that only quality goods come from American workers. Quality can be had from all over the world.

Shmella,

Thank you for sending jobs overseas. Keep buying that Midway crap. When you go to draw and the holster waggles all over the place, you will realize that having a stiff competition belt is key. Jimmy with FBC Tactical works very hard, does the work himself, and is determined not to compromise quality for quantity or profit. A true American, in my book. I am happy that

NZM, I think you are out of line. Shmella put a link to a new competition belt from a great American company and you poo pooed it since it isnt American made and at an outrageous price. Midway has many of their products produced overseas. It just makes since labor is so much cheaper. They pass on the cheaper labor rates by offering good equipment at a good price. It definately saves me money. As soon as America can compete and produce goods at a competitive price then manufacturing will not keep moving overseas. Double Alpha and CR are not American made, but they produce the best in the business. I get the America is no. 1 mantra, but we live in a world economy. I own lots of American made items and lots of foreign made items. There is good and bad in both. I am not so ignorant to think that only quality goods come from American workers. Quality can be had from all over the world.

Shmella,

Thank you for sending jobs overseas. Keep buying that Midway crap. When you go to draw and the holster waggles all over the place, you will realize that having a stiff competition belt is key. Jimmy with FBC Tactical works very hard, does the work himself, and is determined not to compromise quality for quantity or profit. A true American, in my book. I am happy that

Thanks flash, couldn't agree more with what you said. first thing that came to mind was cr speed and DAA not being American made. The op wanted to limit searching and get some options, here you go. I agree with supporting American made products but to say buying anything out side of the U.S. is off limits doesnt make sense to me. If the price is right and that's what you're looking for then the cheaper option is sometimes the best one. Not everyone has buku bucks to spend on top quality American made equipment but still want to enjoy the sport as much as anyone else. Midway products have been a good option for me due to the price for the package.

Edited by Shmella