Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra prime

EEH

Wow.........REALLY GOOD PRICE.............mine works great. Much faster than the hunt and peck method. Also, the primers seem to flip in the plastic tray faster than when using the metal round plate to flip the primers.

I bought an extra just in case mine broke, Thats a SCREAMING deal.

I did the same, mine works great.

Same here love mine no issues after I got my replacement tray from FA. Load a 100 in 55 seconds. Ibought a second just in case... prior to the re-release they were selling for $100

Mine showed up.

Initial impression - grabbed 100-ish Fiocchi small pistol primers after putting batteries in it and making sure it vibrates.

Juggle tray, which requires you to partially put the lid on, or you risk primers falling out one of the end holes, close lid rest of way, insert into handle, click tube in place.

Note that you can't really use it to fill multiple pickup tubes, unless you want to pop out the pickup insert (as the primers would otherwise be upside down).

Primers are falling sideways into tube (correct tube, and correct slot 'aimed' at tube) and getting stuck at the hole down into the tube. Nice. Juggle it a bit to get one to un-jam itself, see more, all sideways in the tube. Pull it apart, flip tray over, grab pickup tube, load press primer tube, throw Vibra-prime to the side.

Pick it up again after loading, see one primer still jammed in tube.

Not sure if I may need to hog out the topside opening a bit, or if this is typical.

Any tips on getting this thing to not be an overpriced paperweight? ;)

Mine showed up.

Initial impression - grabbed 100-ish Fiocchi small pistol primers after putting batteries in it and making sure it vibrates.

Juggle tray, which requires you to partially put the lid on, or you risk primers falling out one of the end holes, close lid rest of way, insert into handle, click tube in place.

Note that you can't really use it to fill multiple pickup tubes, unless you want to pop out the pickup insert (as the primers would otherwise be upside down).

Primers are falling sideways into tube (correct tube, and correct slot 'aimed' at tube) and getting stuck at the hole down into the tube. Nice. Juggle it a bit to get one to un-jam itself, see more, all sideways in the tube. Pull it apart, flip tray over, grab pickup tube, load press primer tube, throw Vibra-prime to the side.

Not sure if I may need to hog out the topside opening a bit, or if this is typical.

Mine needed a little polishing to work smoothly but runs great now. I think I used a qtip with some mothers metal polish on it in the drop hole.

I actually load directly into dillon spp tubes ( 8 ) and then start my loading session. works great, not sure what you're saying about the upside down part?

try polishing it up/smoothing any burrs/plastic flashing.

Mine showed up.

Mine needed a little polishing to work smoothly but runs great now. I think I used a qtip with some mothers metal polish on it in the drop hole.

I actually load directly into dillon spp tubes ( 8 ) and then start my loading session. works great, not sure what you're saying about the upside down part?

try polishing it up/smoothing any burrs/plastic flashing.

I'm loading on a LnL AP. The Hornady primer pickup tubes don't let you remove the 'pickup insert,' so IF the Vibra-prime worked in my case, they'd still be upside down if I filled my stack of primer tubes, then inverted them to fill the primer tube on the press.

This leaves loading directly into the press from the Vibra-prime, breaking off the Hornady 'pick up' end insert and maybe drilling/adding another pin, or possibly using Dillon primer pickup tubes if the 'end' is removed easily (and has a pin on the other end.

See video on how a LnL pickup tube is loaded into the press for comparison.

Pull the white insert out of the hornady tube. Then cut the tube off to just below where it was relieved for the insert. Drill new pin hole.

Works like a charm.

Right, this is what I described here:

.. breaking off the Hornady 'pick up' end insert and maybe drilling/adding another pin

Have to get the VP working right first, no time to play with it again until the weekend at minimum.

I may pick up a few Dillon pickup tubes for the heck of it at the next gun show if I come across any...a quick look is making me question if removing the Hornady tube insert isn't a one-way-only operation.. ?

Edited by rtp

Pull the white insert out of the hornady tube. Then cut the tube off to just below where it was relieved for the insert. Drill new pin hole.

Works like a charm.

Right, this is what I described here:

.. breaking off the Hornady 'pick up' end insert and maybe drilling/adding another pin

Have to get the VP working right first, no time to play with it again until the weekend at minimum.

I may pick up a few Dillon pickup tubes for the heck of it at the next gun show if I come across any...a quick look is making me question if removing the Hornady tube insert isn't a one-way-only operation.. ?

I tried not cutting the tube off. The relief on the inside diameter makes it a no go. So I sacrificed one tube to see if it would work and it did.

You can remove and replace the insert no problem. But primers wouldnt feed for me without trimming it. If you can cut the plastic tip off and leave part of it on the inside of the tube it may work.

I made more of my own tubes with this:

https://e.grainger.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGizeq0EOM6n89S70epThSsbEspj8iuG6pVXtpKX%3DADTWDY&_ei_=EtpQSPT4dH21uoU6xrx5PWfnsgefGeoKOgKJ5rsVjnltmqhmenIPSvXep--CEtxcX7mxbQe3HPdDdCnRr0uGLm7Ft95pbSEQNKJzHYbR9wP_iQHiKMbRYrW9O3o3aq3pQCKcUKckUkNOuAkQYQsVIP68y0JABgMjubafGA0kz0R6n0pxU3ztScWWtLUNGxpVPLIJFhEpABXCPGzZ8YGTAYaO4sJrSvkBJtoocxrMgrBS_cv8fCvSiXqzQRg-3SwD4ntIEiirei5jsNgoiGFIgmsR4ycd.

Edited by DWFAN

I tried not cutting the tube off. The relief on the inside diameter makes it a no go. So I sacrificed one tube to see if it would work and it did.

You can remove and replace the insert no problem. But primers wouldnt feed for me without trimming it. If you can cut the plastic tip off and leave part of it on the inside of the tube it may work.

https://e.grainger.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGizeq0EOM6n89S70epThSsbEspj8iuG6pVXtpKX%3DADTWDY&_ei_=EtpQSPT4dH21uoU6xrx5PWfnsgefGeoKOgKJ5rsVjnltmqhmenIPSvXep--CEtxcX7mxbQe3HPdDdCnRr0uGLm7Ft95pbSEQNKJzHYbR9wP_iQHiKMbRYrW9O3o3aq3pQCKcUKckUkNOuAkQYQsVIP68y0JABgMjubafGA0kz0R6n0pxU3ztScWWtLUNGxpVPLIJFhEpABXCPGzZ8YGTAYaO4sJrSvkBJtoocxrMgrBS_cv8fCvSiXqzQRg-3SwD4ntIEiirei5jsNgoiGFIgmsR4ycd.

Great link on the tube stock, thanks!

Saved off for future reference in case I get the VP working 'well enough.'

Does Dillon sell just the pickup tube ends? If they do, that would be a great way to make up a good # of tubes for low $...

Does Dillon sell just the pickup tube ends? If they do, that would be a great way to make up a good # of tubes for low $...

Yes, I made up twelve extra tubes from bulk tube and Dillon parts. They work great inserting them directly into my VibraPrime, I can load up ten tubes in no time and be ready to load up to 1,000 rounds.

Yes, I made up twelve extra tubes from bulk tube and Dillon parts. They work great inserting them directly into my VibraPrime, I can load up ten tubes in no time and be ready to load up to 1,000 rounds.

Looked on Dillon's site and didnt seem to see the ends...ar3 they a call to order item only, or did I just miss 'em?

Looked on Dillon's site and didnt seem to see the ends...ar3 they a call to order item only, or did I just miss 'em?

You can get to them via the parts diagrams, here they are:

17086 - blue small primer guide tubes - $ 2.70

14040 - primer guide clips - $ 1.40

Thx, RDA and DWFAN; will see if I get some time to play with the VP this weekend before picking up spares, although I might go ahead at some point and get some anyway, with the Dillon ends, just to have extra tubes on hand. I've got a half dozen each size now, but could always use a few more. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a couple, I'm going to mod mine like this guy did.

Frankford Arsenal Vibra prime upgraded:

I thought Id use one for small primers and one for large.

That way you can just epoxy the extra un used open primer hole closed. So no spillage while shaking the tray.

THAT IS THE SOUND OF INEVITABILITY !