Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PAlmetto State Armory 18" upper

metaLFTW

$469.00 + shipping + bolt carrier + Charging handle = I'm thinking $700.00 still a Good deal. I would think you'd be shooting one MOA with a rifle gassed 18" barrel 1 in 8 twist at 100 yrds even with a Chrome line barrel and good ammunition .

$469.00 + shipping + bolt carrier + Charging handle = I'm thinking $700.00 still a Good deal. I would think you'd be shooting one MOA with a rifle gassed 18" barrel 1 in 8 twist at 100 yrds even with a Chrome line barrel and good ammunition .

Tough call at that price. Stag 3G upper is $775. And that has a heavy fluted 18" stainless barrel.

It shows $589 now...

Sorry if I made you wait I like Palmentto State Armory there slow, but all ways done me right, and for the price hard to beat. Just me, but I do think you might be beater off buying the right parts and putting it together in long haul you'll be happy for a few years

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I like idea side charging, I be never used one.

But I'd like to see closeup of upper.

Your going to want to change the bird cage

Personally I would build an upper. Start with a decent barrel. You can even get MOA guarantee these days.

I just built one and my upper at approx same cost including decent brake. With better performance overall. And customized to my preferences.

If you look for sales and free shipping. I'd bet you could come in under $500

Personally I would build an upper. Start with a decent barrel. You can even get MOA guarantee these days.

I just built one and my upper at approx same cost including decent brake. With better performance overall. And customized to my preferences.

You can definitely build one for under $500.

Parts from my last build:

http://ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-556-hanson-mid-cmv-performance-barrel.html $230 w/ gas block

Gas tube - $15

DPMS Comp - $40

Anderson slick side upper - $50

Guntec 12" slim m-lok handguard - $80

PSA BCG - $90

Total = $505

Of course you can change the regular gas block to an adjustable one and change the mil-spec carrier to a lightweight one. But this build will get you in the game.

+1 on build list above

mine is almost exact parts list

BA barrel , wylde chamber (sale priced)

same 15" hand guard same price (blem priced)

comp- schuler

i added a adjustable gas key

Edited by biglou13

You can definitely build one for under $500.

Parts from my last build:

http://ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-556-hanson-mid-cmv-performance-barrel.html $230 w/ gas block

Gas tube - $15

DPMS Comp - $40

Anderson slick side upper - $50

Guntec 12" slim m-lok handguard - $80

PSA BCG - $90

Total = $505

Of course you can change the regular gas block to an adjustable one and change the mil-spec carrier to a lightweight one. But this build will get you in the game.

This is where the fun starts. Picking all the partsone at a time