Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun by Doublestar Corp - Oct 16-18 at Rockc

While it is possible, I seriously doubt there will be re-holstering of your handgun. That is more than just a DQ waiting to happen. I would speculate that we will engage all HG targets, clear and dump, then engage all rifle targets.

I have shot matches that required one hand reloads, simulating a disabled support hand, and I have shot matches that required shooting the last couple targets with your handgun after your rifle was dry, but while you retained the rifle in a safe direction. For some this is would not be an issue, for others...

Jim

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just commenting on the stage as I read it and with what my understanding was from a prior Andy Horner post which read,

"There is a rule change for the match allowing, but not requiring, the reholstering of a loaded pistol. The exact wording is not complete, therefore the rules have not been "officially" changed on the match website."

And Jim, good point, for some it may be an issue.

It's not any faster to reholster a hot pistol than to just dump it.

At tarheel, this past year there was a stage that had an option to reholster a hot pistol. I did it and afterwards thought about it was slower because I took my time to make sure everything went smoothly with the reholster ing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Here are some announcements that I should have been posted earlier, but better late than never!

Saturday evening we are going to have a BBQ dinner sponsored by Doublestar for all shooters and staff. After your last stage, the food should be ready and waiting at the tent.

On Friday night, there will be a band playing under the tent, and I believe Rockcastle will have dinner available if you wish to eat and listen. I heard them while I was there designing stages, and they are entertaining and fun to listen to.

Registration will be Wednesday from 2 to 6 at Park Mammoth Lodge in the Barn Room which is up the stairs beside the usual location.

Several slots have opened up due to cancellations, so come and join the fun. Anyone signing up now will need to register on Practiscore AND send me an email.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks!!

Andy

I know I'm not as fast and/or good looking as some of the pro shooters out there, but the linked video will answer many of the questions posted and give you taste of a Horner flavored match. Slung shotguns, holstering a hot pistol, jumping through windows, climbing ladders, close targets, far targets, shotgun slugs, a bit of running, and the only stage we shot where there was hardly any mud. This was at the absolutely epic Task Force Dagger match last spring. Same rules....different property.

Man I wish I was going to Blue Ridge.....I hate you all.

I understand max in the tube for TO shotgun is 8 with that being said does anyone know if we are allowed to have a 9th round on the lifter for those "chamber empty on a closed bolt" starts ? I guess the same could be asked of a shotgun first stage ... 8 in the tube + 1 in the chamber ?? Or is it 8 in the gun PERIOD & Im not understanding this rule ? Thanks !

Pretty sure it is eight in the gun for a chamber empty start and the tube can not hold more than eight. If you had, say, an M4 with the 7 round tube, you could load the 8th shell on the carrier for an empty chamber start. For a chambered start, you would (I presume) be able to preload your ninth round on the carrier so you can rack it into the chamber on Make Ready.

That is a correct interpretation of the rule. If empty gun start, you can have 8 in it any way you want them in it. Tube can only hold 8. Loaded shotgun start gets 8+1. There is no gaming this one.

Anyone got a fix on the location for stage 5 and 8? Here is what I have so far:

Stage 1: Thunder Valley / Tobacco barn

Stage 2: Thunder Valley

Stage 3: Thunder Valley

Stage 4: Thunder Valley / Sabre Range

Stage 5: ?

Stage 6: Power line

Stage 7: Bathhouse

Stage 8: ?

Stage 9: Cowboy Town

Historically, those were rifle only as rifle and pistol paper targets have been different size.

That's how it's been in the past, but I've stopped trying to get inside that evil genius's head so I'll just show up and pay attention to the stage brief.