Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will resolve this privately. My apologies

Why? I just want to know why someone trolling threads and looking at aftermarket parts has the right to deny service on other machines. That is fine to deny the warranty on a 650 since you read that I did try out that piece of crap swager and have talked a LOT of others out of buying it. I am having trouble with a 1050 and he doesn't make parts for them... Why is my account "flagged"??

Let's see... A bent shell plate and GS Customs Swager. I believe bent/broken shell plates are the primary problem with this aftermarket swager. Too much upward pressure on the shell plate bends. I can see why Dillon wouldn't want to warranty a shell plate when they realize the customer was "testing" an aftermarket part known to bend shell plates.

Now comes the trimmer. This a part that carries a One Year manufacturers warranty as opposed to the usual lifetime warranty. You bought the trimmer used and therefore they don't have your purchase on record. Dillon requests a receipt from the original owner. Normally a limited warranty only applies to the original purchaser but Dillon is giving you the chance to provide documentation of a purchase within the year warranty period.

Sounds fair to me... I can't see how your being singled out but rather your up against a couple of issues that "aren't the norm".

Edited by razorfish

How about editing your post so it is a little clearer what you are even talking about. What machine were you denied warranty on? You only mention a 650 and using a GS Custom Swager on it, but it is unclear whether you no longer own the Swager, the 650, both? Is the bent shell plate related to using the 650?

Did you buy the trimmer direct from Dillon or somewhere else?

Let's see... A bent shell plate and GS Customs Swager. I believe bent/broken shell plates are the primary problem with this aftermarket swager. Too much upward pressure on the shell plate bends. I can see why Dillon wouldn't want to warranty a shell plate when they realize the customer was "testing" an aftermarket part known to bend shell plates.

Now comes the trimmer. This a part that carries a One Year manufacturers warranty as opposed to the usual lifetime warranty. You bought the trimmer used and therefore they don't have your purchase on record. Dillon requests a receipt from the original owner. Normally a limited warranty only applies to the original purchaser but Dillon is giving you the chance to provide documentation of a purchase within the year warranty period.

Sounds fair to me... I can't see how your being singled out but rather your up against a couple of issues that "aren't the norm".

First off go read my post.

I bought the trimmer NEW and it is less than 2 weeks old. I offered to show the guy my receipt but he would not even look because he was leaving in 15 minutes. I had it scanned and saved as an attachment ready to send to his email.

My shell plate issue was in no way related to the swager because the shell plate that is bent belongs on a 1050.

RIF

not the place to be doing this...

Why?...

Look at the guidelines link at the top of the page. Did you not agree to abide by the rules of the forum, when you signed up?

Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

I do find it interesting that we can ALL praise the product without repercussions ,but anyone has a negative to post and its not the place and several willing to say that.. To be fair both side of the coin should not be allowed..JMO

yes i do like my 650 and am planning a 2nd blue press , but i'm not jaded enough to believe these things won't/can't happen...maybe there should be a cpl of "special" threads for the goods/bads and let those who choose to read be the judge ??

Edited by usmc90

I do find it interesting that we can ALL praise the product without repercussions ,but anyone has a negative to post and its not the place and several willing to say that.. To be fair both side of the coin should not be allowed..JMO

yes i do like my 650 and am planning a 2nd blue press , but i'm not jaded enough to believe these things won't/can't happen...maybe there should be a cpl of "special" threads for the goods/bads and let those who choose to read be the judge ??

Brian says what goes here. I have plenty of problems with customer service from many companies in the industry as well as some builders. But out of respect for the man who brings us this forum I bite my tongue. By keeping that type of conversation out of the mix it makes this a better place to hang out whether we like it or not.

Brian says what goes here. I have plenty of problems with customer service from many companies in the industry as well as some builders. But out of respect for the man who brings us this forum I bite my tongue. By keeping that type of conversation out of the mix it makes this a better place to hang out whether we like it or not.

Sarge, how dare you be a person of reason ! LOL Kidding aside your right about that

Bending a 1050 shell plate would happen 1 of 3 ways IMO. Running the swage real hard without the backup die set correctly or at all. OR having the shell plate not advance all the way(or over advancing) for whatever reason(broken pawl or mis-adjusted pawl stop) and then running the tool head down and the locator pins bang into the shell plate real hard(I have seen this example crack shell plates). OR having a die screwed down to hard and man handling the press.

Not as hard as one may think to bend the shell plate on a 1050 with so much going on. I luckily havent bent or broken a shell plate YET.

I don't read the guidelines that way.

Hate Rants

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

It doesn't say you can't criticize or post a negative, how many threads here question or criticize how a press works or is designed (e.g., 650XL spent primer collection or live primer ski jump, etc.) and how many threads have been started with modifications or solutions to issues. It simply states that the forums aren't a place for rants and customer service issues and I agree, the forums aren't the place to handle those matters. The OP was an incoherent rant about customer service and it wasn't remotely clear what happened and it was only one side of the situation.

Edited by RDA