Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vihtavuori N310

Blankenhole

It works great in low charge weight 38 special loads, especially heavier bullets. Use CLAYS load data and chrono from there....good stuff!

DougC

Would it work with 148 gr wadcutters? It would be much cleaner than Bullseye or WW 231. And I like it in my 625. Have not tried it in my 1911.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting negative comments on N-310 as it is one of the more popular Bullseye powders and was actually "discovered" by Bill Wilson...my favorite 45acp load is laser Cast 200 gr semi wadcutter, 4.5 gr of VVN310, OAL of 1,245, crimp of .68. It shoots 1 inch at 25 in all of my 1911 45s..better then I can shoot....I also like the reduced perceived recoil...about 850 fps..

Marine Corp

Colonial Shooting Academy

It works great in low charge weight 38 special loads, especially heavier bullets. Use CLAYS load data and chrono from there....good stuff!

DougC

Would it work with 148 gr wadcutters? It would be much cleaner than Bullseye or WW 231. And I like it in my 625. Have not tried it in my 1911.

It works great for 148s. 2.3gr is what I used. Shoots just about an inch at 50 yards.

But my question is, will we see any VV in the future? My favorite is N320, and I have been looking for both N310 and N340 for months can't seem to find any in stock. But with the sale of VV, who knows?

Just order from companies that will let you back order and max out the poundage so deflect some of the Haz mat cost. It will come in a week or a month, but it will come...it's just beginning to show signs of loosening up as hoarding slows down...

Marine Corp

Colonial Shooting Academy

But my question is, will we see any VV in the future? My favorite is N320, and I have been looking for both N310 and N340 for months can't seem to find any in stock. But with the sale of VV, who knows?

I got a couple pounds of N310 locally today...for 25% more than it was pre-panic, unfortunately, but still there. If it works, maybe I'll have 6 handgun powders to look for religiously instead of 5.

I got a couple pounds of N310 locally today...for 25% more than it was pre-panic, unfortunately, but still there. If it works, maybe I'll have 6 handgun powders to look for religiously instead of 5.

Just saw some at my local woodbury outfitters as well. I have some I am waiting to use, waiting to run out of some of my others first

• 3 weeks later...

DougC

It works great for 148s. 2.3gr is what I used. Shoots just about an inch at 50 yards.

Thanks for the load data! I will try that load out. I don't think my wheelgun will shoot an inch at 50 and I know I can't. :roflol:

• 2 months later...

I got 8 lbs of that stuff,and don't know what to do with it.I dolt load 45's much any more.Its to fast for 40's and 38

N310 is great for 40 with 200gn. Send me the 8Lbs :)

I got 8 lbs of that stuff,and don't know what to do with it.I dolt load 45's much any more.Its to fast for 40's and 38

N310 is great for 40 with 200gn. Send me the 8Lbs :)

What is the load recipe..

I am planning to load it in .40 with 200 grain lead coated at 1.140 for Glock and 1.185 for STI 2011

• 1 month later...