Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 World 3-gun Championship, which one is it?

Looks like there are two 3-gun World Shoots this year!

http://rm3g.com/2014%20JP%20Rocky%20Mountain%203.pdf

and

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Surefire-World-Multi-gun-Championships/

then there's this, which almost makes it three...

http://peacemakernational.com/wsc

How will the real World Champ be crowned? Shoot-off between the various match champions? :)

It's madness I tell you! I think we will at World Championship to the Generation III Gun Championship too. It has a nice ring to it and everyone's invited. We don't discriminate against foreigners.

Wonder if 3GN will change their name to 3 Gun World to go with the times?

this was posted on 3 Oct 2010, the thread is still very active here, and apps are coming in from competitors from all over the world. its gonna be a good one!

jj

"Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

Just a heads up to everyone!
We're planning on a World Shoot in 2014, similar dates to the last few years, but 5 days of shooting, 15 stages.
We'll be recognizing teams from US and around the World, but individuals can join us as well.
NRA Whittington Center is with us on this and of course the details are...a challenge. But, we'll let you know as things become clearer.
We've got a couple of places we're working on for ammo.
And as there's no governing 3-Gun organization for the World, we'll be taking teams on a first come-first serve basis.

International shooters - let me know your concerns, and the difficulties you face getting here, so I can try to problem solve way ahead of time. I've started talking to Linda Chico, but will pick her brain some more.

It's a big project, but we think it will be a blast!!!
Just to let you know - Teams will be 5 shooters, one from each division! Open, Limited Scope, Limited Iron, He-Man Scope and He-Man Iron. The team scores will be based on individual performances in divisions AND the team shoot! The team shoot will be for all five team members and they will have to decide who shoots which guns in it. Should be...very interesting! :devil:

Stay tuned for more information!

Denise and JJ"
ETA; the team events have changed a bit from this post, see further down the thread for more up to date info...
Edited by RiggerJJ

Well, we're thinking of changing ours to the JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun InterGalactic Championship!!! :roflol:

We started it so long ago, because we wanted to get all the pieces together. With Invitations, US forms, and all the little things...it takes a lot to make it all gel. We needed to build up a group of RO's so that we would have enough to work such a long match. Feeding such a big crew is always a challenge, but with the generosity of JP Enterprises and Trey Yuen 5-Star restaurants in New Orleans, I think the RO crew will be well taken care of. We wanted to have a Welcome dinner because International Shooters expect something like that at all the big shoots.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, shooters from other countries do not always have all 3 guns, so we had to work on a plan to deal with that kind of thing! Also, getting a VISA when you are bringing in guns adds complications for everyone.

So, after a lot of planning, we have a Welcome dinner on Tuesday and our regular Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit on Friday. We have the DPMS Junior Shoot-Off as well as the Brownells Ladies' Shoot-Off. We have the Team Shoot aspect added as well. With Official team and Special team finals on Sunday, August 10.

It's just such a big project!!

Also, since this is an Olympic year, we wanted to have more of an Olympic flavor and decided on Gold, Silver and Bronze medals instead of plaques for this year! We really think everyone will be pleased. post-8915-0-12094900-1392852736_thumb.jp

Since, Rocky Mountain is kind of a continuation of the old Soldier of Fortune matches, the Natural Terrain of the NRA Whittington Center seems to be an awfully good place to have the first World Championship...I mean the first Intergalactic 3-Gun Championship of the Universes! :roflol:

We're excited to have people coming from so many different countries! We really think we will have something very special...now, if one of the US teams can just win this thing! :surprise:

Sorry to go on, but I'm just pretty proud of what we've put together for everyone!

:wub: Denise

Forgot: Check out - http://rm3gworld.webs.com/ or http://rm3g.com/ for more information! :goof:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Sounds great Denise - the medals are nice touch! Will you still have the JP "Multi-Gun Expert" pins? Given the high level of competition at your match and what it takes to earn one - those pins are among some of my proudest shooting-related possessions.

Thanks for all the hard work you and JJ put in to make this happen.

Sounds great Denise - the medals are nice touch! Will you still have the JP "Multi-Gun Expert" pins? Given the high level of competition at your match and what it takes to earn one - those pins are among some of my proudest shooting-related possessions.

Thanks for all the hard work you and JJ put in to make this happen.

You bet ya'! JP has a plan and will be bringing them out with him! We know how important they are to many of you!!!

JP ROCKS!!!

Denise

I would definitely say the the 2014 RM3G is the one that can claim the "World 3Gun" title.

The person who wins the Peacemaker match would be a World Champion all-around shooter. There is cowboy, F class, bullseye, etc. Not 3 gun, more than 12 guns with those guns and ammo supplied. Epic I tell you!

I would definitely say the the 2014 RM3G is the one that can claim the "World 3Gun" title.

The person who wins the Peacemaker match would be a World Champion all-around shooter. There is cowboy, F class, bullseye, etc. Not 3 gun, more than 12 guns with those guns and ammo supplied. Epic I tell you!

I would tend to agree with this. Different types of matches. The Peacemaker event will be interesting.

What about between RM3G and the Surefire Match?

Personally I agree with Jessie, they should just make the RM3G the intergalactic championships.

What about between RM3G and the Surefire Match?

First year match for Surefire...the name does not garner the title, the reputation does. RM3G has its roots from the original SOF 3Gun match and has been running for over 30 years. Granted there have been some name and leadership changes but it is still one of the top matches in the sport. Kicking it up to 15 stages over 5 or 6 days. Just no comparison really.

They are just names folks. Until all the matches come together, get organized and have some sort of qualifications to gain entry, there really isn't much more prestige to any of them than in the eye of the beholder. Fact of the matter is no Multi gun match is big enough or bad enough yet to get every Jerry, Kurt, Keith and Kalani to be battling each other to get in.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I'm calling it right now.

Leatham will win the peacemaker match if he shoots it.

Depending on a lot of factors, there are probably 20 guys whose names we know who could take it...probably another 20 at least who are not widely recognized who could take it.

Hey, I just found out I'm one of the KKK! (Keith, Kalani, Kurt) I am honored. Maybe we can add a fourth, Kuan?? Please please please! :)

I actually agree with Mr. T You can call it what you want, but until all the divisions and equipment are standardized across planet 3-gun.......sorry, not just a nation, Jesse is right its all just a bunch of words strung together.

Hey, I just found out I'm one of the KKK! (Keith, Kalani, Kurt) I am honored. Maybe we can add a fourth, Kuan?? Please please please! :)

I actually agree with Mr. T You can call it what you want, but until all the divisions and equipment are standardized across planet 3-gun.......sorry, not just a nation, Jesse is right its all just a bunch of words strung together.

Lol!

Lol!

My eyes are burning and I'm not sure why.......are cats and dogs getting along?