Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Initial claasification ?

aandabooks

Shot a 3 classifier match in Jauary and the results just got put on the USPSA site. I'm currently unclassified and these are production. These are rounded but the results are: 50%, 50% and 24%. With my next classifier will I start in "D" class or can I still make "C" class?

Then I should hope to get to shoot 13-01 Disaster Factor again. It was the 24% and did not go well. Conversely we also shot 13-08 Disaster Factor Again and it was a 50%. I think it was the 180 degree turn at the start that got me. I need to practice that skill more.

So I have a related question, I just today purchased my first USPSA membership (Hurray!), so will they pull my classifier scores from the last four matches I have shot (I have only shot 4 local matches with one classifier each)? If so, how do I calculate where I will be from those scores?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Two things to remember about classifiers,

1. You need six. They throw out the high and low.

2. You might think that your classifier score should be higher, however you are being scored against the highest in the nation. So your 40% at the local match may only be 30%.

2. You might think that your classifier score should be higher, however you are being scored against the highest in the nation. So your 40% at the local match may only be 30%.

nope...

Need four for initial classification

remember about classifiers,

Where do guys come up with this stuff?? From the rule book: To receive an initial classification, a member needs to

have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database prior
to the monthly reclassification procedure

Please note that for unclassified members, the first scores submitted, except for

those that are 2 percent or less, will be used to calculate an initial classification.

• 3 weeks later...

You need 4 for the initial. They will then score you on the best 6 of your most recent 8 that are not duplicated. So you will have 6 Y's as the best, and 2 F's for the worst 2 of the most recent 8. Everything else will be B's, D's and E's that signify scores that are not valid with the occasional A or C thrown in.