Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical dual and quad load carriers

Rob01

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a 2.8 in the mail a few days ago. I was concerned about knocking the remaining shells loose when quad loading since they are so close together. I have been practicing with them quite a bit and have yet to have any problems. The 2.8 is great! I ordered another and a Q12 to try.

Just got my 12q today. Been doing load 2 with Taccom stuff for about a year now and it's pretty smooth but definitely wanted to move to tossing quads. So far here are my $0.02.

First off, these guys are pros. Excellent communication, super fast shipping and an amazingly hard core product. The production quality on this thing rocks.

Setup on my Teklok took all of about 5 minutes to adjust and mess with positioning but within a few minutes I was tossing quads. The only thing I noticed, and this is definitely something I'm going to play with a bit, is that I tend to bang my knuckles against the plastic and it's a little sharp. I think this may do to how I have them angled but I'm going to play with this a bit over the weekend to see if I can get a little better positioning.

The hold is really good, though, and I have no fear of shells falling out. The sharp edges are probably just because I have pretty large hands and maybe I'm used to the rounded Taccom holders more. Either way, I'm sure I'll get this sorted out.

For now, I'm definitely impressed and they were way worth the money. Having 12 shells in the space that I previously had 8 is also a big plus. I might actually end up ordering another 12q and get rid of my Taccom 8up altogether.

Just got my 12q today. Been doing load 2 with Taccom stuff for about a year now and it's pretty smooth but definitely wanted to move to tossing quads. So far here are my $0.02.

First off, these guys are pros. Excellent communication, super fast shipping and an amazingly hard core product. The production quality on this thing rocks.

Setup on my Teklok took all of about 5 minutes to adjust and mess with positioning but within a few minutes I was tossing quads. The only thing I noticed, and this is definitely something I'm going to play with a bit, is that I tend to bang my knuckles against the plastic and it's a little sharp. I think this may do to how I have them angled but I'm going to play with this a bit over the weekend to see if I can get a little better positioning.

The hold is really good, though, and I have no fear of shells falling out. The sharp edges are probably just because I have pretty large hands and maybe I'm used to the rounded Taccom holders more. Either way, I'm sure I'll get this sorted out.

For now, I'm definitely impressed and they were way worth the money. Having 12 shells in the space that I previously had 8 is also a big plus. I might actually end up ordering another 12q and get rid of my Taccom 8up altogether.

Take your Dremel and break the edges of the Delrin. I've had to do it on the early carbon arms clips and all the taccom clips. If you go fast you will eventually cut yourself on that sharp plastic. I did on all 3 brands.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Taking the Dremel or even just a little bit of sandpaper by hand to round everything off. I have to say, though, that going from load 2 to quads it's going to be impossible to go back. Even with my initial clumsy attempts with shells hitting the floor it was still faster. First match isn't until April so I've got plenty of time to practice.

I tried the 2.8 this weekend and I was impressed how easily I could grab only four and toss a quad with the shells stacked so closely together. I'm guessing I found my new favorite caddy. I wonder if I can make a 2.16 and have it fit on my belt properly.

Check out these building blocks!

CD13AA4A-1679-4EFE-9BBD-C2414AF1F096_zps

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Why the preference for the 2-8.

More compact, takes up less space on the belt. Don't often need 12 shells. Along those lines, I bought a 2.Q for when I only need 4 extra shells or to carry slugs specifically, for example.

I keep trying to decide which is my favorite between the 2.8 or the Q12. I think the 2.8 has the slight edge. 8 shells and very compact. I am not a very fast quad loader, but my practice times are the same with the Q12 and the 2.8. Great products and awesome customer service.

I tried the 2.8 this weekend and I was impressed how easily I could grab only four and toss a quad with the shells stacked so closely together. I'm guessing I found my new favorite caddy. I wonder if I can make a 2.16 and have it fit on my belt properly.

Check out these building blocks!

CD13AA4A-1679-4EFE-9BBD-C2414AF1F096_zps

HOARDER!!!! :D Actually I don't mind since my 2.8s are already inbound.

I’ve been running the 2.8/ straight 8’s for about a month now and they are the HEAT. The ability to do quads or twins from the same loader and to pack so many shells in such a compact space is phenomenal.

These are also the first system I’ve been able to quad load with consistently. With others I wasn’t able to get a consistent enough grab on the shells and would fumble. I was able to quad load consistently within 10 minutes of practicing with these. My wife has also switched to quad loading since getting these.

Got eyes on the 20 gauge version at the regionals and they are of the same fit/quality as the 12 gauge. Kevin also had some very cool chest rigs on display and a new attachment to drop and offset pistol holsters that should be out soon that will work with safari land ELS/QLS or Bladetech Tech lock systems. The bracket provides a very rigid platform so the holster won’t torque or twist. I’ve got a couple I’ll be testing in the coming weeks.

Edited by Fitzghan

Speaking of Kevin's holster hanger, take a look. I ran it at a local USPSA match this past weekend. It was more comfortable and moved less than what I was using before. The Safariland drop UBL I reference in the video tended to dig into my leg and become a bit sore by the end of the day. That didn't happen with the Invictus hanger, and there wasn't the flex of the UBL. I want to experiment with another way of mounting it to the ALS holster I'm using but haven't gotten a chance to sit down yet.

Edited by AustinWolv

Used my carriers at the 3 Gun Nation Southeast Regional match and although my skills were pretty rusty from the long cold winter and lack of practice, my Invictus Practical carriers held the shells nice and tight when I was running and never lost one. Made loading a snap too. I was going a little slow on the quad loads under the match pressure to make sure I didn't fumble and it worked. Even slower the quad was much faster than loading four from a conventional carrier. I need to get a 2 point quad for my slugs.

I have a Holster Hanger at the house I need to play around with. Looks like an excellent piece of gear though.

Got my 2.8s in. Fast delivery, clearly high quality units. As I am still a little too, um, episodic in my quad loading skills under pressure it was nice to see that even as tightly packed as these shells are I can still load 2 with the caddys completely filled. Their retention is a little stronger than the TacComs. The flip side of course is that they are a touch harder to snap out. Splitting hairs here and I doubt one would notice a difference on the clock.

I was able to borrow a caddy for the second day of the SE Regional, and I will be replacing all of my AP customs with these in time. They are more space efficient, solidly built, and hold my shells under a full sprint. I'm pretty fast so everytime I had to run I was losing shells from the AP Customs. To top it off, Kevin is an awesome guy who clearly is doing everything to make these the best value for the customers!

Just got all my Invictus gear last week. Been practicing and am LOVING this set up. Went with the 2 point quad, and a 2.8 on the belt for the small "local" matches. Then Kevin got me set up with a chest rig with "5x quads" ( 20 rounds) for those large "IRON MAN" matches :D