Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Area 3 Championship

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone involved for making our very first area match a great experience! Sam and I had a great time with all of our revolver buddies, as well as old friends and new acquaintances from all divisions. Two thumbs up from the Carmoney boys!

Mike

I didn't want to say anything until Sunday was over. I didn't know if Smitty (Mr. Upset) was showing up or not! :lol:

It felt good to actually win again. I kinda forgot what it felt like!

Congrats to all of the winners.

I too gotta say that it was a great match. I am still scratching my head about putting a short classifier in front of a long field course :ph34r: but it had to go somewhere! Overall I have no complaints about the match at all, and was happy to see the vendors, but disappointed that there was no one selling powder or primers. I brought some money just to spend with the vendors for that, so the other vendors got it!

One shooting related question, On Justice for All(stage 6) How many of the big dogs (Phil?) shot through the barrels for T1 and T2? I was going to, but it was the next to last stage, I saw a shooter in front of me pick up two mikes doing that, and I couldnt afford the possible mikes. I would have run it in around 28sec, but blew a mag exchange into the doorway and FUBAR after that, 32sec. Just curious B)

Thanks,

DougC

PS Looks like the Carmoney boys had a great match! I'll bet those cylinders were smokin!

I got assigned to RO on Stage 4....what a workout! By the time I could get a scoresheet done the CRO had the next guy just about ready to go. Makes the time fly! My CRO was a great guy, and I learned a lot from him.

This was my first big match, and it was a tremendous learning experience. Getting to watch so many talented shooters gave me a lot to think about. I picked up a ton of ideas that are going to improve my shooting.

Scott, Manny & all of the "senior" staff folks really did a superb job of organizing such a complex event. It worked just like similar events I was involved with in the military.

Thanks to all of the folks that went through my stage for your courtesy and patience with a newbie RO.

I was thrilled to get through the entire match without a miss, penalty, or no shoot. And no gun problems at all. First big test for my 9 Major gun and it worked perfect. I just need to speed up a bit I guess.

I wish our squad hadn't started with Stage 6 as the first stage of the day on Sunday. The platform was wet and the ground slick from the AM downpour. And a long and complex field course is tough when shooting cold. But we got through it OK although a bit slower than we wanted.

Overall the stages were great and very creative.

Prize and Plaque distribution went kind of slow but we agreed it was organized better and accountability for prizes was excellent. We felt it was worth the wait. Plus we got to experience another Kansas downpour and and awesome lightening display.

ROs and staff were all great and worked hard to make it enjoyable. Thanks for the hard work and sweat.

Congrats to the winners and a big thanks to all the folks who contributed and donated to the prize table. I haven't seen so many guns on a table in a long time.

For those who missed it, PF Changs was great as usual on Saturday night.

Craig

I didn't want to say anything until Sunday was over.  I didn't know if Smitty (Mr. Upset) was showing up or not!  :lol: 

It felt good to actually win again.  I kinda forgot what it felt like!

Congrats to all of the winners.

Alright people, take a wild guess who did the most whining from start to finish about how poorly they were shooting. No hints! :P

OK Matt. I hear ya.

I did suck, though. :P

Oh, and BTW Doug, shooting through both barrels was a big loser. Maybe the one target to the right, but not both. I think Mike V. shot it straight up, and still beat all of the Limited guys' brains in.

I wish I'd shot it straight up! 3 misses. OUCH!

Phil

On Justice for All(stage 6) How many of the big dogs (Phil?) shot through the barrels for T1 and T2?  I was going to, but it was the next to last stage, I saw a shooter in front of me pick up two mikes doing that, and I couldnt afford the possible mikes. 

I don't know about the top shooters, but I think I was one of the first to shoot through the barrels on T2 (I shot T1 straight up). I shot through on Friday, as I was working the match the rest of the weekend. I figured I was lined up pretty well on the barrel/target, but I launched 4 or 5 into it just to be sure. As it turned out, one of the poppers fell over before I got to it, so I was stopped and had to start over. But I had all my hits on the target that I had shot through the barrel. That was a bit of a confidence booster. When I shot it again, I think I only put 3 into it, and still got my hits.

So for those of you who were there, how was the prize table? I finished well, so I walked away with a gun. I know another shooter who shot OK, and he recieved an Emerson knife, which sounds pretty nice to me.

There had been some hype about the prize table at this match, and at least from what I have heard it was true. Thoughts?

I didnt do as well as i wanted to or could have. 51st overall, 9th 'C' Open :( . I still got to go to the prize tabe. Glock knife, extended latch for AR15, cert for 500 lead bullets, and a Montana Gold hat/ t shirt. It wasnt a gun but i was happy w/ it.

Prize table was pretty good, took a long time but done very fairly. You were called three at a time by Division based on your placing.

I ended up with 2 cans of Tight Group and 1000 .45acp lead semi wad cutters.

The tables were divided up by divisions, Limted had prizes, Limited 10 etc

I thought it was a very good prize table. Especially for the entry cost to the match. There were something like 29 guns or frames on the table. I was a little bummed that I didn't get a gun for winning my class in Production, but there was only two of us. I ended up with a very nice SureFire flashlight. Even in a small division like Production there were lots of prizes. The distribution was a little disorganized, but who cares. We still got out at a reasonable time, and they even gave away 6 more guns by random drawing at the end. Very nice.

This being my first big match, I thought the prize table was pretty good. Distribution seemed to be fair, although a little disorganized, but like Lawman says, who cares. I had a great time, and thought the match was fairly well run. On my own side, I would have liked to have shot better, too many mistakes. But for my first big match, I was happy overall. I thought the stages were interesting and challenging. Some of those targets and steel were set out there a ways! For me, at least! :blink: Tobydog.

We tightened up the prize distribution channel after last year!!!

some people didn't know what 1 time through the prize table was,

so we fixed that!! I think we put close to 100% of the income back into the match,

Thanks to all of the setup crew, they did a totally awesome job!!!! they started

10 days before the match, and still had to setup in the rain on Thursday.

Thanks to all the rest of the staff for making this one of the best matches.

And of course it wouldn't be a match without the awesome support of all of our

sponsors!!!!! Rumor has it, its possible that we may be back in KC next year.

Emanuel

Everyone who worked the match and the setup crew did an excellent job!

The stages were great!

Prize table was the best I've seen to date - may be due to the fact that I won a gun :).

Thanks to all the sponsors and the shooters that came out and if the match makes it to KC again next year I hope I can make the journey from Canada.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, sorry it took me so freakin long to post here again but things have been all kinds of crazy. A huge thanks go out to Manny, Scott and everyone else involved in Area 3, I hope we get it back here in KS next year.

I know some of you may have already seen some of the photos I shot but here is a link the ones I posted on the USPSA web site. There is even a photo, although not so great, of the Range Master giving the Area Director his plaque and a hand shake for placing so well in his class. For those that weren't there you will get the joke when you see the photo. lol

Included are photos of the prize tables (I am still in shock I got about $100 worth of stuff and I finished 65th out of 75 Open shooters) as well as overhead shots of the stages.

Manny, I hope you got the CD of photos, feel free to use them for anything you can.

Joe W.

BTW, highest unclassified Open shooter from Area 3 in da house LOL I even got a plaque for it!!