Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa sights for glock 34 125gr

Gcarr

Can anyone help me with sight selection for glock 34 gen 4 using 125gr (appox 130pf) for idpa ? I would prefer a black serrated rear and a fiber optic front. I would really like to buy only one set if that is possible ... Any help would be greatly appreciated ... Thank you

I would look on Dawson precision's sight. Several choices in fixed rear and also adjustable rear, they also recommend a front sight height in fiber optic depending on which rear sight you choose.

This is all fine and good but the the recommendations are all subject to how a particular gun shoots then you have to start measuring and buying front sights

Pick a brand and roll with it.

Thank you for the replies ... All were good suggestions. I have considered all of the above and am really interested in the adjustable rear, but all of the ones I have seen require a really tall front sight. I don't know why ... But the tall front (and I know it is really not that much taller) just turns me off. Think I will go with the TTI And measure from there. I just hate to in up with a drawer full of sights ... But then again I have wasted more money than this on stuff that is no where close to this much fun... Lol

i bought the Dawson adjustable rear sights - was worried the sights might be too tall but it draws fine. I may need a shorter front sight as i have the elevation turned all the way down with the rear and dont think if i went to heavier bullets I would be able to dial in the POI....

But I like the serrated black notch in the rear. Would be nice to play around with different width combinations also.

I know you said you were looking for an adjustable rear, but in case you change your mind I put a Heinie Slant Pro rear and Dawson .105"W front sight on a G35 and G34. Good sight picture and shot great once sighted in. For the G35 I ended up pairing the Heinie with a .205"T front sight for POA/POI, but on the G34 I went with Dawson's recommendation and paired the Heinie up with a .225"T front sight which shot great and to POA. Dawson carries both front/rear sights. I believe if you go with what they recommend and it don't shoot right they will get you the right size front sight.

I am not trying to start an argument or ignore the experience of someone else. That said when this subject comes up, which is often, it brings out some comments that I personally find questionable. That led me astray (I think) for a while.

There is no doubt that guns have some variation. They surely are not perfect. There is no doubt that ammunition causes some variation and that's why the leading competitors load their own. But let's face it, most of us are not leading competitors and probably not good enough to even figure out the gun to gun variation that exists.

So do sight makers make suggestions for the proper rear/front combinations for a given gun...I think so. Dawson for instance suggests the 0.230 tall front for the 0.250 tall rear on Glock 34. I'm not a betting man, but I suspect that combo will work 99% of the time on G34 better than most shooters can shoot.

What I do see are posts about the accuracy/inaccuracy of Dawson front sight heights on G34 or 35 with no mention of the rears being used. They are not independent. No mention of front sight height is useful unless the rear is specified. I just purchased a Dawson .250 rear and .230 front for my G34. I'll let you know what happens, but I bet the sights are better than I am.

I am not trying to start an argument or ignore the experience of someone else. That said when this subject comes up, which is often, it brings out some comments that I personally find questionable. That led me astray (I think) for a while.

There is no doubt that guns have some variation. They surely are not perfect. There is no doubt that ammunition causes some variation and that's why the leading competitors load their own. But let's face it, most of us are not leading competitors and probably not good enough to even figure out the gun to gun variation that exists.

So do sight makers make suggestions for the proper rear/front combinations for a given gun...I think so. Dawson for instance suggests the 0.230 tall front for the 0.250 tall rear on Glock 34. I'm not a betting man, but I suspect that combo will work 99% of the time on G34 better than most shooters can shoot.

What I do see are posts about the accuracy/inaccuracy of Dawson front sight heights on G34 or 35 with no mention of the rears being used. They are not independent. No mention of front sight height is useful unless the rear is specified. I just purchased a Dawson .250 rear and .230 front for my G34. I'll let you know what happens, but I bet the sights are better than I am.

I agree , If some one is using the same bullet weight and shooting a similar power factor then you should be able to duplicate there set up .

I know from personal experience how easy it is to pull shots low and left with a Glock. However; I see folks, mostly other places, who think it's impossible for a Glock to need some kind of adjustment to get a good zero. Seems to me that no matter what your level of proficiency is that a good zero and some sights that you can see are important.

I have a Dawson adjustable rear and a .300 tall fiber optic front that works great on my G17. Still have a little down left on the sight and I would guess a good bit of up.

One mental aspect of the adjustable sight for me is that I don't seem to obsess about my zero with it as much as I do with fixed sights.

i'm ruling off this quest by installing adjustable rear with the correct front so poa-poi is near Mid-way through the rear adjustment Spectrum .then if poi moves, all i have to do is turn a screw right or left .

i've seen Dawson are short on adjustable rear ,if ever you can get a hand on LPA SPR adjustable they Worth every dollard.