Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the Gen 4 Glock 34s good to go now?

sig chaser

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a new glock 34 to use sky IDPA gun as well as my occasional carry gun ( I have carried a 17 with a more light for years now so size doesn't bother me) but the only blue label one locally are Gen 4. I worked at a pretty busy range /gun shop when they first hit the market and remember all the ejection issues they had and that makes me question if 8 should get one or not. I really don't want to have to change extractors and ejectors to make the gun run (I armorer is not a matter of not knowing how more the principal behind it) with factory ammo. So has the issue been resolved? If so how do I make sure the gun I buy has the updated parts? Also right now I am planning on Warren/Sevigny fiber optic front with competition rear. Is that a good set up our should I look into something else? My must have for this is a fixed rear, as I will carry out I just don't fully trust adjustable sights. Thanks

Got a Gen4 G34 back in Nov. Its been running just fine, no issues (other than I hate those stock sights!). I really like the addition of the beavertailed backstraps. Those keep me from getting slide bite and ought to be PRD legal since they are factory provided. I still find the grips to be a little slick, so added a pre-cut grip tape from Dawson Precision. Muy bueno.

On my Gen3 G35 I had the Warren/Sevigny sight combo. Good sight, its just that over time I found the rear notch (.156") to be a little too wide for my liking. I changed those out to a Heinie Slant Pro rear (.125") and a .105" Dawson fiber optic front sight. I liked that sight set up so much that when I sold my G35 I put the same sights on my G34. Dawson sells the rear sight and recommends .225"T front sight. Shoots POA/POI near as I can tell.

Over 15,000 through my Gen 4 34, no issues other than some light strikes with a Ghost reduced power striker spring. Gun runs great.

I also suffered from slide bite, sold a Gen 3 for the Gen 4 with beavertail, made a big difference, no issues at all.

I had problems with a Gen4 17 and 19 but not a 34

replaced ejectors with the 4027 part, RSA with the ?042 part and they were fine.

The 34 was a later date production.

If you are set on a Gen 4 I would just make sure they have the latest parts.

I've been running my Glock 34 Gen 4 since I bought it early last year without a singular issue that I didn't create myself. The only time I had an issue with it is when I tried out lubrication grease for the first time and managed to use too much of it. I've run all sorts of different ammo in some pretty wet and muddy conditions and it has been wildly reliable.

I had gen 3 before and picked up the glock 34 gen 4 to try it out. It has had zero issues and is actually very accurate. Im not sure why but it seems to also fit my hands better. Have fun with the new gun:)

are you guys running factory 115gr loads?.....to me it seams the double rsa would be harder to kick out?......

Factory Federal 115s ran great in my Gen 4 34 with stock RSA. I didn't have any problems with any weight ammo with the stock RSA. However, I did end up switching to the Jager guide rod to use gen 3 springs for competition, and no problems with that either.