Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Tanfoglio Questions

AICS308

I have been doing a little research on these pistols and have decided I might want one. I also have a number of questions that I hope can be answered.

1. Is it possible to get a pistol with Tanfoglio markings instead of EAA?

2. The Limited Custom Xtreme on the Tanfoglio website really sounds like what I want but is not listed on the EAA website. Is this pistol available in the US?

3. Are there any shops that specialize in working on these pistols in the US?

4. Any suggestions on the best place to find these pistols for sale in the US?

Thanks for any help.

1. Next to impossible other than the few IFG imports.

2.word on the street that EAA will import them soon.

3.Henning (parts), canyon creek(smith/parts/guns), shooter.biz (smith/parts/guns) eric grauffel (parts)

there may be others.

4. Just have to google and get on mailing list for most of the good ones. May catch a used one on the classifieds here.

I have been doing a little research on these pistols and have decided I might want one. I also have a number of questions that I hope can be answered.

1. Is it possible to get a pistol with Tanfoglio markings instead of EAA?

2. The Limited Custom Xtreme on the Tanfoglio website really sounds like what I want but is not listed on the EAA website. Is this pistol available in the US?

3. Are there any shops that specialize in working on these pistols in the US?

4. Any suggestions on the best place to find these pistols for sale in the US?

Thanks for any help.

1 Yes it is possible to get them

2 Have not seen the limited custom Xtreme here in the US, Since its a limited gun/standard gun id think a lot more guys just want to build their own from a regular EAA Limited and save few bucks and come up w/ something better or as good. they look more for Production pistols

3 Jim Boydkin and his shop is a good place to get Tanfo work done.

4 if you know a lot of FFL's maybe they can go the extra mile to check their resources, mine does wonders for my hard to find pistols.

Good Luck

It is possible to find them used. I have a few friends that have them (Stock 2 and 3). I hope to talk to Tanfoglio at Shot and get more info on the Xtreme line of pistols!

What info are you looking for? The stock 2/3 Xtreme have a more durable finish and contain the following parts:

Xtreme hammer

Xtreme firing pin

Xtreme front sight

Xtreme guide rod

Xtreme aluminum grips

Xtreme base pads for the magasines.

They are also polished internally from the factory. I have handled them all, they are nice!

It is possible to find them used. I have a few friends that have them (Stock 2 and 3). I hope to talk to Tanfoglio at Shot and get more info on the Xtreme line of pistols!

What info are you looking for? The stock 2/3 Xtreme have a more durable finish and contain the following parts:

Xtreme hammer

Xtreme firing pin

Xtreme front sight

Xtreme guide rod

Xtreme aluminum grips

They are also polished internally from the factory. I have handled them all, they are nice!

I just want to find out if they will be exporting them to the US through EAA. I hope they have the Xtreme pistols there. would be nice to handle them

1. Next to impossible other than the few IFG imports.

2.word on the street that EAA will import them soon.

3.Henning (parts), canyon creek(smith/parts/guns), shooter.biz (smith/parts/guns) eric grauffel (parts)

there may be others.

4. Just have to google and get on mailing list for most of the good ones. May catch a used one on the classifieds here.

So have you ever ordered from canyon creek? I wanted to get some custom work from them but have never had past experience from them.

Edited by george76904

I would be very interested to know what you learn.

I would be very interested to know what you learn.

I'll keep u updated!

Xtreme hammer

Xtreme firing pin

Xtreme front sight

Xtreme guide rod

Xtreme aluminum grips

I did not know that. Definitely gives more options. Thanks.

i have only found one place that carries the xtreme custom models, and are on preorder till april!!

What is the name of the dealer? I don't mind waiting since these are not to be found anywhere I've looked.

https://www.freedomventures.ca/products/firearms check this place out they have all the xtreme models

They do not ship/sell to the US

Sorry, we only sell our products in Canada.

Look under the FAQ "Manufacturer Website Links & Who we represent" and follow the link to the manufacturer website, and they can direct you to a representative in your country.

Edited by Onagoth

https://www.freedomventures.ca/products/firearms check this place out they have all the xtreme models

The Limited gun is listed for $2255............. That is a pretty hefty price tag. Especially when you can order an EAA Witness Limited and upgrade it with all of the same parts for about $1900. Paying an extra $355 for a "Tanfoglio" name on the side is a pretty stiff up charge.

The Limited gun is listed for $2255............. That is a pretty hefty price tag. Especially when you can order an EAA Witness Limited and upgrade it with all of the same parts for about $1900. Paying an extra $355 for a "Tanfoglio" name on the side is a pretty stiff up charge.

After reading the Tangoglio website, the Xtreme models do have some custom work. I think a trigger job, smoothing and fitting of slide to frame and maybe some other stuff.

You are right though, start with a Limited and add parts and gunsmith work and still have money for other things.

each gun was looked over personally by EG

:bow::roflol::bow:

That might have value to some people....I'm not sure why you would find that so silly.

When I added up the CDN cost of the parts, it damn near totalled the cost of the extreme package, and by my calcs, the ceramic finish and certificate was provided at little to no cost. (from a retail perspective)

Edited by Onagoth