Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Tanfoglio Questions

AICS308

I'm not saying the Xtreme pistols are not worth the upcharge (it actually seems justified considering the upgraded parts) I just found your comment silly because even if Eric is actually checking each pistol, and he is, in fact, a more qualified QC engineer than the regular guy who checks out the "Elite" Tanfoglios, unless these pistols are check to tighter tolerances than the others, it doesn't speak to any higher quality.

IF the marketing campaign made objective, verifiable claims like "no Xtreme SAO pistol will leave our custom shop with a trigger pull weight greater than 900g" THAT would be something of value. Or maybe "our strict QC tolerances demand each Xtreme pistol shoot a ten shot group from a machine rest no greater than three bullet diameters at 25M".

"A certificate signed by the 5 times world champion Eric Grauffel guarantee the quality of the product." says nothing objectively. What is he guaranteeing?

I'm not saying the Xtreme pistols are not worth the upcharge (it actually seems justified considering the upgraded parts) I just found your comment silly because even if Eric is actually checking each pistol, and he is, in fact, a more qualified QC engineer than the regular guy who checks out the "Elite" Tanfoglios, unless these pistols are check to tighter tolerances than the others, it doesn't speak to any higher quality.

IF the marketing campaign made objective, verifiable claims like "no Xtreme SAO pistol will leave our custom shop with a trigger pull weight greater than 900g" THAT would be something of value. Or maybe "our strict QC tolerances demand each Xtreme pistol shoot a ten shot group from a machine rest no greater than three bullet diameters at 25M".

"A certificate signed by the 5 times world champion Eric Grauffel guarantee the quality of the product." says nothing objectively. What is he guaranteeing?

HA HA HA

When I was ready to buy a Tanfo, I searched distributors (I am fortunate enough to work for an FFL and have access) for almost 4 months before my limited became available to order. Any Tanfo is pretty hard to find, especially if you are trying to get a good price. if you find one, and you have the cash, and the price is close to what they list at...buy it, because it will sell.

Used ones even go for almost what new ones go for, the market on these guns in the US is pretty crazy!

as for parts, Henning makes some great stuff, and he is in CO, so no crazy prices and long ship times if you order from EG (France)