Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio (Buckeye) Section Match

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey....You aren't booting me out of my bedroom so BE can take it are ya? ;)

Well, your bed's safe Jake - I'm sad to say I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I really wanted to come, especially after hearing last year's reports. But then a couple things happened, one of which was an opportunity to go to Norway with Henning for a couple weeks. I'd have to leave (for Norway) a couple days after the OH match... it would just be too much. I know, by that time, I'll be flat out getting ready to be gone from be.com for two weeks. In the last 3-4 years, I've never been gone for more than a few business days, so I've got one crap load of work to do in the next three weeks. I've been thinking it over for days now, and my gut feeling is that I'd really be digging myself into a hole. I was really looking forward to coming... I'm sad I won't be able to make it.

:(

Brian,

I was going to give you a call tonight to see if you were going to make it. I knew you had a lot going on...didn't really want to push you into a corner (and give you a guilt trip ;) ).

Heck, I have some conflict myself. One of my best friends is getting married on the Saturday of our match. They switched their wedding date...right after I announced to dates for this match (and I had scheduled around them to start with :( )

Enjoy the moment...no matter where you are. :)

A reminder...

Tomorrow (Tuesday the 31st of May) is the last day to get your shirt orders in. It is also the last day for the $10 discount for the "Early Bird" Special. Get those apps in the mail! We aren't looking to order too many extra shirts (none, really...but we will round out the order).

Hanna as RM...Boy is this gonna be fun!!!!  I'm calling for calibration for every squad through my stage just for the hell of it!!!  I gotsta makes me a checklist...Let's see:  exploding cigars, sugar for BDH's gas tank on the quad / golfcart, red rule book for any rules questions, sub-minor calibration ammo (SA...you got a load worked up for that - don'tchya?), my favorite book: "Guide to Creating Bottlenecks"  (it has a full chapter dedicated to mid-match stage redesigning), arbitration forms for ALL the shooters packets, along with some "helpful advice" on filing an arb. (third-party too...of course!!!).  And just to show I'm a good guy:  some Excedrin and Rolaids.  :lol:  :ph34r:  :blink:  :D  :wub:

Hmmmm, if I remember correctly... you are working as a CRO. Let's see, who does the CRO work for?? :P:P

I updated the post (#40) in this thread that has the Revolver head count:

I mentioned the match to Kay and Jerry via Email along with the thought of a revolver course the day or two before the match but haven't heard back from them yet. Would be cool if he were passing through and could be #15 or 20...

Where's Zookeeper? Someone tell him to get up here. Marmot452 said he was putting his application in the mail about a week ago...those two would make 16. If someone at Rayner's can talk to Brian (from Heath) this weekend...he said he was considering it.

I have one more for you guys. One of our new shooters and a staffer. I didn't know he was shooting Revolver. Talked to him on the phone tonight. He is in for sure.

That is 15 wheelies. Confirmed.

We have another shooter that needs some encouragement. His work went on strike this year and he quit shooting matches this spring.

Hotel:

The Knight's Inn in Circleville has offered a bit of a break on room costs. I checked out a room the other day. Pretty decent, not brand new...nice though.

They are located on State Route 23 (along with most of the service industry).

Bob Evans is, literally, right next door. No need to drive for breakfast. The new Walmart is straight acrossed the street. (All the food and such is located in this area.)

The rate (including TAX) is:

single = $45.92

double = $51.02

Mention that you are with the United States Practical Shooters Association and that you are here for the Ohio State Match.

740-474-6006

Those staffing the match, let them know you are with the Range Officers and Staff. We have a block of rooms saved. Send me an email about being covering costs.

Zookeeper can't make it due to work. :(

Flexmoney-for the revolver shooter on strike-I'll pay half his match fee if he will come and shoot the wheel.

We revolver guys tend to stick together- hopefully another wheelgunner will pick up the other half. If not, I'll pay his match fee.

Mrs. Airedale may be shooting. I think the puppy distribution will work out.

Dave

Flexmoney-it's time for you to work your charm and get this gentleman out to shoot.

You guys are first rate.

But, no luck. I don't want to pressure a guy into doing something he doesn't want to do. (I respect him too much for that.)

He was touched with the offer from 2 complete strangers though.

We might have a lead on two others. A couple of pin shooters with that last name of Murray. If you guys know them...give them a shout.

Hey all,,,

Flex asked me to help with some of the 'lighter' details for the Saturday cook-out. He suggested that we may have a collection to help fund the event. Can we get an idea of how many here will be there and what they may like? I'm bringing some cigars for the tastin' , and of course I'll provide some cold refreshments.

Can we get some input on what everyone would like and can bring?

It would help tons with the planning. Let's make it a fun get-together!!!

BE, sorry that you can't make it. Hope the rest you need is wildly enjoyable.

J.

Rumor has it that BDH might be able to supply some cold beverages and 'seegars'. ;) Also, Mrs BDH might be able to show up and chip in (unless she is still stuck in the Stats shack entering scores).... :lol::lol::lol:

Apps are in the mail!! I'm looking forward to the match, and especially the cookout!

3QT, I'll share a few beers for a cigar ;)

Hey all,,,

Flex asked me to help with some of the 'lighter' details for the Saturday cook-out.  He suggested that we may have a collection to help fund the event.  Can we get an idea of how many here will be there and what they may like?  I'm bringing some cigars for the tastin' ,  and of course I'll provide some cold refreshments. 

Can we get some input on what everyone would like and can bring? 

It would help tons with the planning.  Let's make it a fun get-together!!!

BE,  sorry that you can't make it.  Hope the rest you need is wildly enjoyable. 

J.

Flex,

I was looking at your "list", I did not see Patrick Sweeney on it ?????

there is a revo shooter that needs a little tune up for Nationals and Worlds....

SAKO, see what you can do with him.....

See every one there, it's gonna be FUN

Hopalong

OK,

Leaving tomorrow in the mid-morning to A-4 !!!!!

Gonna go down there and get in a good Practice match for the "Ohio Revolver Championship" :lol::lol::lol::lol: next week !!!!

Looking forward to 2 good weekends of shooting and meeting "Good Folk"

See some of you in Shreveport, and others in Circleville !!!!!

Sam/Hop