Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for 3 gun?

Pat Miles

I'm looking for some practical feedback. My concerns are: mounting on belt, gun retention, rigidity on belt, comfort,etc. I'll be using a long, wide dust cover STI (5"). My belt is a Safariland ELS, 1 3/4".

Any info is appreciated.

Pat

Blade-tech may mount on ELS easily (I didn't try that) but it sure as heck doesn't mount to QLS easily. I was able to get two screws in and thats it. Still stable if you locktite the screws but a hassle. I still reccomend the Blade-tech as it is a great holster - just wish they had a way to mount it to the QLS easier.

i use and really like the blackhawk serpa in 3gun with my various glocks. positive retention, and zero drag on the draw once you depress the button.

from advice on this board, i just got a bladetech WRS for a sti edge i have on order. i'm hoping it's different when i have the gun in the holster, but i have to put a lot of pressure on the release tab using my thumb to get the hood to release forward. if blackhawk made a serpa for the Edge, i would have gotten that.

i do like the bladetech DOH for uspsa, but in 3 gun i really want retention to ensure the gun doesn't go flying out when running or going prone, without a lot of drag on the draw.

I would check out the wrs from blade tech. I am running a gcode for my 6 inch but they don't make one for the wide dust cover. The hood is Definately nice because if it's a pistol drawn right from the start I just leave it forward If there is movement I engage the hood and never have to worry about the gun coming out of the holster. I have seen too many pistols bounce out it people grabbing the gun when they run to make sure it stays in the holster that I feel a lot safer with the gun locked in the holster and I don't loose much time if any on the draw

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest looking into the Ready Tactical options. He has been making holsters that provide easily adjustable tension and extra protection for the rear sights too. He can make them for whatever belt size you need too. For an idea of what they look like, check out the Noveske shooters' holsters.

I have the Bladetech DOH set up and I used the standard ELS attachments most of last year no issues. Put thumb screws for tension adjustment on the holster and I was good to go. Still have the QLS in the package somewhere.

Blade-tech may mount on ELS easily (I didn't try that) but it sure as heck doesn't mount to QLS easily. I was able to get two screws in and thats it. Still stable if you locktite the screws but a hassle. I still reccomend the Blade-tech as it is a great holster - just wish they had a way to mount it to the QLS easier.

I just discovered this as well. I couldn't get the QLS working with my BladeTech. I fell back to using the BladeTech TMMS which seems to work well enough and still lets me easily remove the holster from my belt when needed. I may get a drop-offset hanger to see if it makes running feel more stable. Everything else on my belt is ELS.