Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

question on Double Alpha Bullet Feeder

I think they are kind of a fixed price? What caliber?

All calibers are in stock at Shooter's Connection. I'm not sure they will give BE member discount but it is $469.95 which is the same I find it everywhere else.

Edited by Sarge

I think they are kind of a fixed price? What caliber?

All calibers are in stock at Shooter's Connection. I'm not sure they will give BE member discount but it is $469.95 which is the same I find it everywhere else.

everything I load is 9mm...

Just ordered one from Shooters Connection, $449.00 + $14.00 shopping with Enos discount.

Nice move. It's a very nice addition to the press.

Cecil better jump on there and get one because I think they only had 2 in stock when I looked earlier today.

I have two Mr. Bullet Feeders (new versions) that I got at the same time, each hanging on a 1050. One for 9mm and one for .223.

The 9mm one has served me well with very little problems.

The .223 one has been a nightmare. Inverted bullets, constant jams so bad I would always have to remove the entire dropper assembly from the tool head to completely disassemble the system. I finally stopped using the .223 one and just left it hanging there for now.

YMMV.

Edited by The Law

I have one on my 1050 for 9mm. Makes everything go WAY faster. They can be finicky to set up. Follow the dropper set up procedure in the manual, and make sure there is as much slack as possible in the spring tube. If the dropper is "pulled" by the spring tube, the steel balls won't retract, and you'll be raining bullets. Took me forever to figure that out, now it drops bullets perfectly.

Thanks for the heads up on the .223 issues. I was ready to order one for .223 I think I will hold off for a bit. I wish that the dropper was quick connect on something like a Dillon powder die. I load 9mm, .38 super minor for steel and .38 super major and I have a tool head for each and the droppers are expensive.

I guess I'm just to dam cheep to spend the money for a feeder.I can buy a lot of bullets for the cost of one of those things..Yes I know it speeds up the process but I ain't in no hurry..

On the other hand are they caliber specific,,or do they come with conv.kit?

I guess I'm just to dam cheep to spend the money for a feeder.I can buy a lot of bullets for the cost of one of those things..Yes I know it speeds up the process but I ain't in no hurry..

On the other hand are they caliber specific,,or do they come with conv.kit?

In my experience it doesn't speed things up THAT much. The press can only run so fast before powder flies everywhere or some other issue arises. I found that my hand placement of .223 bullets wasn't that much slower than when the feeder was operating. That's why I haven't tinkered much with it again. I don't think I'm losing that much speed without it.

It does make things more convenient, but I wouldn't say it's a must have for the press.

The .223 one has been a nightmare. Inverted bullets, constant jams so bad I would always have to remove the entire dropper assembly from the tool head to completely disassemble the system. I finally stopped using the .223 one and just left it hanging there for now.

Is it likely that the same goes for the .308 version? Is anyone using the .308 Mr Bulletfeeder (new version)?

OK got my DDA Mr Bullet feeder installed... not to hard to set up... I watched the video tutorials & followed the directions that came with the feeder.. all I have to say is WOW..

I loaded 50 -- 9mm rounds in about 70 seconds .. taking my time.. thus far.. I LOVE THIS SET UP.. all you have to do is crank the handle..