Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

question on Double Alpha Bullet Feeder

OK got my DDA Mr Bullet feeder installed... not to hard to set up... I watched the video tutorials & followed the directions that came with the feeder.. all I have to say is WOW..

I loaded 50 -- 9mm rounds in about 70 seconds .. taking my time.. thus far.. I LOVE THIS SET UP.. all you have to do is crank the handle..

Next up, Ponsness/Warren Auto Drive....

:goof:

I have two Mr. Bullet Feeders (new versions) that I got at the same time, each hanging on a 1050. One for 9mm and one for .223.

The 9mm one has served me well with very little problems.

The .223 one has been a nightmare. Inverted bullets, constant jams so bad I would always have to remove the entire dropper assembly from the tool head to completely disassemble the system. I finally stopped using the .223 one and just left it hanging there for now.

YMMV.

You have something in your setup that isn't quite right.

Unstable bench or excessive case feed movement may be your issue.

No man can out load a MBF ...;)

I have two Mr. Bullet Feeders (new versions) that I got at the same time, each hanging on a 1050. One for 9mm and one for .223.

The 9mm one has served me well with very little problems.

The .223 one has been a nightmare. Inverted bullets, constant jams so bad I would always have to remove the entire dropper assembly from the tool head to completely disassemble the system. I finally stopped using the .223 one and just left it hanging there for now.

YMMV.

You have something in your setup that isn't quite right.

Unstable bench or excessive case feed movement may be your issue.

No man can out load a MBF ... ;)

I never said anything about out loading the feeder. That is definitely not possible.

I have been in contact with Rick (inventor of the Mr. Bulletfeeder) and I have some leads on getting things resolved.

OK got my DDA Mr Bullet feeder installed... not to hard to set up... I watched the video tutorials & followed the directions that came with the feeder.. all I have to say is WOW..

I loaded 50 -- 9mm rounds in about 70 seconds .. taking my time.. thus far.. I LOVE THIS SET UP.. all you have to do is crank the handle..

Next up, Ponsness/Warren Auto Drive....

:goof:

or better yet, the rotary conversion by Craig Forcht (Forcht Firearms & Machine in Iowa)

I've been running a 1050 with a MBF loading .223 for a couple of months now. Initially, I had a problem with the feed spring applying some side tension on the dropper, preventing the dropper from returning to it's "collapsed" or "closed" position, and spilling bullets. This is due to the fact that the tool head moves on the 1050. Lightly lubing the dropper with WD-40 helps, as did adding an extra weight to the dropper. If you zoom in on the below photo, you can see a gray weight sitting on top of the brass weight. This was a die from my Harbor Freight parts bender, and is a round chunk of steel with a hole in the middle, just a little bigger than the clear feed tube of the bullet dropper. You could substitute a stack of 9/16" or 5/8" washers from Home Depot (not sure of the exact O.D. of the feed tube - measure first). The idea is the extra weight overcomes the friction created by the tension of the spring, and ensures the dropper closes back up, preventing more than one bullet from falling at a time.

NewBench2.jpg

I've been running a 1050 with a MBF loading .223 for a couple of months now. Initially, I had a problem with the feed spring applying some side tension on the dropper, preventing the dropper from returning to it's "collapsed" or "closed" position, and spilling bullets. This is due to the fact that the tool head moves on the 1050. Lightly lubing the dropper with WD-40 helps, as did adding an extra weight to the dropper. If you zoom in on the below photo, you can see a gray weight sitting on top of the brass weight. This was a die from my Harbor Freight parts bender, and is a round chunk of steel with a hole in the middle, just a little bigger than the clear feed tube of the bullet dropper. You could substitute a stack of 9/16" or 5/8" washers from Home Depot (not sure of the exact O.D. of the feed tube - measure first). The idea is the extra weight overcomes the friction created by the tension of the spring, and ensures the dropper closes back up, preventing more than one bullet from falling at a time.

NewBench2.jpg

I thought Rick, AKA Mr Bulletfeeder, said to just stretch out the spring slightly until there is no tension.

I have a MBF for 9 and 223. Works well for both. Adding a plastic detent ball smoothed out the shellplate and speeded up the loading cycle. I can get 75-100 in the time it takes the RF100 to load up another batch of primers.

Yep.. I am running a Mr Bullet feeder on my 650...just installed it within the last month... all I can say is WOW.. I can crank out 27 cartridges in one minute easily taking my time.. did the shell plate spring & phenolic ball upgrade.. along with my RF100 its a breeze to load 9mm....

Is it likely that the same goes for the .308 version? Is anyone using the .308 Mr Bulletfeeder (new version)?

Did he finally release the .308 version ? The reason I asked, I talked to him a couple of years ago about a .30cal version that would load those nice long tracer projectiles. I gave him a handful for testing, but never heard back from him and I basically forgot about it.

Didnt feel like starting a new thread for a simple question about the bullet feeder.

will the mr bullet feeder light flat tip bullets? I use alot of the bayou bullet 105 grain bullets for steel challenge, and I want to make sure they'd work with the bullet feeder.

they look like this:

9mm_105.png

Didnt feel like starting a new thread for a simple question about the bullet feeder.

will the mr bullet feeder light flat tip bullets? I use alot of the bayou bullet 105 grain bullets for steel challenge, and I want to make sure they'd work with the bullet feeder.

they look like this:

9mm_105.png

i haven't used that profile but have fed .45 ACP 200gr LSWC with no problem. they have an even more flat profile that the bullet you pictured, so i would expect yours will feed fine. heads up re: use of lead, i found that they worked fine but I did need to clean the collator out every 500-1000 rounds. issue i encountered was the bullet lube from the lead bullets would begin to build up on the collator face plate and would (eventually) gum things up. was easily resolved by using some alchohol to wipe down the collator plate and remove the sticky bullet lube. also - i was using very inexpensive valliant lead bullets that had a fairly soft bullet lube, you may have different results if you're using something that has a harder lube.