Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Colt 3 Man 3 Gun

I have no idea why anyone thinks a shotgun mag capacity limit is a good idea.

Because it requires better stage planning. You can't just indiscriminately load the shotgun w your chosen number of rounds at any time you wish.
Actually it requires less stage planning. You can't load off the beep you can load more when you have time or space. It forces u to shoot 8 load 8 or shot one load one, etc.

It's an arbitrary rule for the number of rounds based off of an out dated barrel/mag tube relationship rule from SOF days that only serves the purpose of slowing the match down by forcing you to load less shells more often. One thing it does favor is weakhand loading because the gun can be loaded on the shoulder with less on/off the shoulder gun manipulation.

About the only thing good about it is that it makes your shotgun look normal or cooler or more ATAS which attracts more shooters to the sport.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why anyone thinks a shotgun mag capacity limit is a good idea.

Because it requires better stage planning. You can't just indiscriminately load the shotgun w your chosen number of rounds at any time you wish.
Actually it requires less stage planning. You can't load off the beep you can load more when you have time or space. It forces u to shoot 8 load 8 or shot one load one, etc.

It's an arbitrary rule for the number of rounds based off of an out dated barrel/mag tube relationship rule from SOF days that only serves the purpose of slowing the match down by forcing you to load less shells more often. One thing it does favor is weakhand loading because the gun can be loaded on the shoulder with less on/off the shoulder gun manipulation.

It also favors weakhand loading because you can easily top off regardless of the number left if the tube whereas quad loading obviously likes multiples of 4.

8+1 and Max 8 in tube. Looks like Blue Ridge rules. From the Topton site:

http://toptonfga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/3M3G_Rules.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booooooo! Just say no to mag capacity limits.

^^

Yeah, what Jesse said!!!!

Don't forget about what your other 2 teammates are doing. This is a team event.

I dont like the mag tube restrictions either. That is the one rule I thought I changed. I may have missed it on the web. So as md 9 max before the bell and load it up to as many as you want after. This will be the new rule.

you hear that Andrew....go head and stuff that shotgun full like it was a thanksgiving day turkey!!!

Yeeeeehaw!!!!

BEERS FOR DEAN!!!!!!!

Edited by jriggs

I dont like the mag tube restrictions either. That is the one rule I thought I changed. I may have missed it on the web. So as md 9 max before the bell and load it up to as many as you want after. This will be the new rule.

thank you

High team, high ladies juniors, seniors, LE. .....I don't seem to see a category for high one legged guy named Gill. I'm starting a push to have it at every match. The trophy should be a box of nuggets.... or bacon. Or a bottle of Captain Morgan.

High team, high ladies juniors, seniors, LE. .....I don't seem to see a category for high one legged guy named Gill. I'm starting a push to have it at every match. The trophy should be a box of nuggets.... or bacon. Or a bottle of Captain Morgan.

I'll buy you a drink Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James,

You'll need 3 of you for this match to have that category. You going to bring Browning and another guy to shoot this?

A round is on me too.