Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel bushing in a Tactical Sport?

twister

I have a 9 mm CZ TS with an accu bushing. It is wonderfully accurate. I got it that way from cz custom, so I never shot it without the bushing. The test target from cz at 25 m on a rest had a very small group, so I'm sure it was more accurate than I am before the accu bushing. But I just felt like making as accurate as possible.

• 5 months later...

I have one on my .40. Its nice and it definitely improve accuracy. That said the standard TS straight out of the box ain't exactly a slug in the accuracy department.

I share the same experience with my bushing. It's quite accurate but wasn't terrible to begin with.

It is pretty damn accurate. Opinions on whether its even worth the money on the TS? Would you do it again or it didn't improve enough to notice during competition?

I'd do it again because I find comfort in knowing that the equipment cannot be blamed for my accuracy problems. I also am lucky enough to have disposable income to act so foolishly.

There is the roulette game with the manufacturers tolerances and the resultant accuracy. Some factory pistols are excellent, some are not. It's just how the tolerances play out for you. The bushing takes that variation away. If I had to trim cost somewhere, it would be considered. I'd put the gun on a rest and see how it does. If it is over a 2-3" group I'd sway back towards the bushing.

Not being a smartass but it really depends on how you measure worth. I can't prove that it moved me up a single spot in any match. On the other hand I do feel more confident at little pieces of steel off in the distance. Also, this is a hobby and I do like improving my guns as part of that hobby.

Long story short, yeah I would do it again.

It mechanically tightens the front lockup. So in theory the gun should be more accurate. The rest will come from load development and shooter skill.

Whether its worth it or not will be up to you. For me, it inspires confidence on longer and tighter shots. Makes it worth it to me.

• 1 month later...