Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dawson precision

infinity

I have a Practical Advantage of his Practical Series. The serrations work well and are easy to clean out unlike some of the other "fine" serrations. He does really nice work.

The only thing I don't like is the front serrations are cut all the way through the bottom edge of the slide and the rear serrrations are not (they stop just short of the edge). I wish I could post a pic so you could see it. It doesn't hamper anything, it's just that they look "different".

I've got the wide ones on one of my my Open guns.. they work as well or better than any others I've tried, but I don't use them much, what with the slide racker. The curved shape is supposed to provide a solid grip from any pinch angle.

I'm guessing but the Practical Advantage serrations, I think, don't extend to the bottom to prevent the serrated bread knife like effect on your thumb. I have both types of serrations and personally, I prefer the "small" serrations. I guess they feel grippier. YMMV

guys maybe u can show pics of ur slide serrations. i would really appreciate it so much if u do.

c-rum, i really like ur blaster....

forgive me if it's kind of pathetic but i would somehow want my gun to look good also besides shooting reliably and accurately.

what do u think about the voight serrations? (looks like shooting stars) :D

thanks alot,

infinity B)

carmoney,

:D:D it do sounds a little pathetic...but a friend of mine tried putting the smoking hole design serrations....the opposite angle and it tends to slip instead of having a firm grasp on the front serrations. he's the type of guy who doesn't like grip tapes. :blink::blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Carmony wrote: "advantages/disadvantages of various types of slide serrations??

you guys crack me up!"

Second that. They all work & the differences are cosmetic. Now the serrations on TGO's limited gun -THOSE slide serrations are true works of art.

Last serrations I did were (if I recall) simply 15 degree cuts to about 20 thou depth w/ a carbide 3/32" end mill. I put no thought into functionality.

site1035.JPG

Try skateboard tape on your slide - a lot more effective than any serration I've ever tried.

Uhm...you mean like this?

:D

But how does the tape stay over the serrations w/o much to stick to?.

I have enough trouble keeping a whole grip panel sized piece of skateboard tape to stay on the plastic checkering of my Para LDA grip (for production).