Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning New Firing Pin

praetorian97

Henning just put up a blurb about his new Firing Pin block friendly pin.

"The new stainless XL Double/Single Action firing pin for EAA Witness / Tanfoglio."

"Christmas is here!

The newest Henning DA/SA firing pin for EAA Witness / Tanfoglio large frame pistols is in production and will be available January 2014.

Works with the firing pin safety plunger so can be used in IPSC / USPSA Production division as well as USPSA Limited / IPSC Standard and IPSC/USPSA Open Division. It's longer, lighter and of better steel quality of anything else on the market. No more light strikes and broken firing pins !"

1509086_10151803356147019_1155344490_n.j

Edited by praetorian97

this would be legal for USPSA only....unfortunately. I would use one whenever I shoot in USPSA

So what is it NOT legal for then?

IPSC according to Vince.

You guys should check out Henning's facebook post about this fp, him and Vince go at it a bit, funny stuff

this would be legal for USPSA only....unfortunately. I would use one whenever I shoot in USPSA

So what is it NOT legal for then?

IPSC according to Vince.

You guys should check out Henning's facebook post about this fp, him and Vince go at it a bit, funny stuff

personal page or some other?

That is my understanding....but it must be something a little more since EAA is permitted to add their branding to the pistols.

My confusion is whether or not EAA stocks the henning firing pin, it will never be legal in IPSC since its not made by the OEM/OFM??

Edited by Onagoth

I am mistaken. USPSA rules state you can not remove the firing pin block in production, but you can do anything you want to internal parts. If Hennings firing pin works with the block..which it does, than you are good to go. IPSC rules state only OEM parts that are available from the manufacturer. Hence Erics firing pin, is allowed in either USPSA or IPSC production division. Hennings firing pin that works with the block is legal in USPSA production division only. IMO the firing pin block is the culprit as it is a friction held in part...it uses the firing pin to stay in. The oEM firing pin is too short and heavy,...Hennings would be what I would use in USPSA,,,but my Eric pin works in my gun. ,but like I said, I dont make the rules....

I am using a 13lb hammer spring with my stock 2 using federal primers. I noticed I had a few light strikes in DA first shot using Winchester primers....., I put the 14 Ib hammer spring in my 40L...as I use the 40 frame with my .22 kit. WORKS AWESOME>

Edited by Mo Hepworth