Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Responding to a DV call on Christmas eve

Alaskapopo

Two idiot parents one innocent 7 year old kid. Not one Christmas decoration in the house or present for the child. The parents beat on each other and can afford booze but can't afford anything for their kid. Both are a waste of 02. Luckily a volunteer firefighter and his wife agreed to watch the child for the night since dad was going to jail and mom was too wasted to even care for her self.

Pat

Pat, as I sit here off convalescing for the holidays I can only tell you that I have been there and dealt with damn near the same thing. Just spend time with your family to offset the bullshit. I drove by the PD yesterday afternoon at shiftchange and all squads were out.......bad sign on Christmas in my town....

Thanks for your service...

DougC

Unfortunately, kids can't pick their parents. It's a good thing you showed up and that someone took the kid in for the night or who knows what would have happened. Thanks for what you do.

Glad the good guys are ok. Don't care about the other fellow. Stay safe down there. Things are getting worse it seems. Every week it seems like a cop gets killed somewhere in the US.

Pat

I could be wrong, but hasn't the country averaged about 50 LEOs killed (confrontationally as opposed to in accidents/other means) annually for a number of years now?

Either way -- please take care, in everything you do. We can't afford to lose good guys like you.....