Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

We are pleased to announce the dates for the Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship. The dates will May 30-31.

Like previous years this will be an exciting and challenging match for all skill levels. We will be running 18 stages over the course of 2 days. We will leave Sunday open in case of severe weather during the match so the stages can be made up Sunday morning. The awards and prize table is scheduled for Saturday night like last year.

Registration is open. Apps can be found on the website (rockcastleshotgunchampionship.com)

We hope to see everyone there. Bring the wife and kids and get them involved in the sport.

We are going to to implement a new thing this year. We will be having a co-ed division where a man and woman will combine their score to see has the best team. This is just something extra to provide some fun side competition. The team members will still be competing in the match as a regular competitor.

Stages will be set up in natural terrain and bays. All stages will be easy access to vehicles also. The plan is to run 6 short stages, 6 medium stages, and 6 long stages.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the app sitting on my desk, too lazy to snail mail stuff I guess. I plan to be there, slowing everybody up. :)Any actual high speed flying clays as in skeet or trap here?

2012 yes, 2013 no, 2014 who knows....but it will be a blast, that you can bank on.

Also...in 2013 a few of us shot the Sporting Clay course on Sunday with our 3G match guns, good way to get a flying clay fix.

Edited by GunCat

I've never shot a shotgun only match, but I've been wanting to. Shotgun is starting to be one of my favorite parts of 3 gun. What should I expect and train for? What will the round count be? Is there a deadline for registration?

• 4 weeks later...

We are getting a lot of new sponsors for the match this year. Check the website for all the new ones. We will be updating the website daily as they confirm from SHOT.

Big thanks to Benelli for being the title sponsor again and also to Mark with RCI. He contacted me and said he wanted to step it up and would be a double gold sponsor this year.

We are looking at having some side matches also. Gonna be a lot of shotgun shooting in two days.

We have been working on the stage designs and they are coming along great. We will have some IPSC style stages, natural terrain stages, and some with really cool props. We have the swinging platform left from the Mammoth Sniper Challenge. So we thought we would use it and not let it go to waste.

Registration is going good and we look forward to seeing everyone there.

• 2 weeks later...