Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM 930 aftermarket lifter?

two shoes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to be able to send to UK please?

Good luck

JohnG

I have no issue with it, I will need to check legalities though. Might be available as a "kit" to you, where some assembly will be required.

Edited by two shoes

• 2 weeks later...

Last post 3 weeks ago, guessing it's dead...

Not dead, just got numbers in... To make a run of 10 of them, it will be about $400 each.... to make 100 of them, it will be about $60 each... either way it is a bunch of coin out of my pocket up front.... All things are being considered right now...

Edited by two shoes

Not dead, just got numbers in... To make a run of 10 of them, it will be about $400 each.... to make 100 of them, it will be about $60 each... either way it is a bunch of coin out of my pocket up front.... All things are being considered right now...

I'm guessing you're still shopping machine shops?

You sure do a lot of guessing.... lol.

The biggest expense is the dies.... that cost seems pretty universal. I don't know if I can front the kind of coin it would take to make this happen. So even at $50 each to break even, I would need to pre-sell a bunch, not just "I'm interested" on the forum to cover a good chunk of the costs, not all of them.

One thing that this lifter would not have is the "coining" one the one side, we'd use a shim washer. Looking at wear patterns, the coining itself is not effectively keeping the lifter from riding on the trigger housing.

That is where I am at for now.

The biggest expense is the dies.... that cost seems pretty universal. I don't know if I can front the kind of coin it would take to make this happen. So even at $50 each to break even, I would need to pre-sell a bunch, not just "I'm interested" on the forum to cover a good chunk of the costs, not all of them.

One thing that this lifter would not have is the "coining" one the one side, we'd use a shim washer. Looking at wear patterns, the coining itself is not effectively keeping the lifter from riding on the trigger housing.

:D

Yep, understood. I've designed and had a few parts made (non firearm) in the past, and the whole qty vs price can get pretty insane, as you saw. I saw some variation between shops, usually those flooded with work didn't want to touch under a thousand units, for example, while smaller/less busy would do somewhat smaller numbers without the massive price jump. It may be worth shopping around to see if you can get the same price but at a qty < 100.

Either way, you can try setting up a poll, being more specific, and see where it lands. Looks like some are certainly interested, but price comes into it, as well as the numbers - as you mention, cash in hand and willing to pre-pay is different than 'I'm Interested.' Hope it's able to happen, but understand if the #s just aren't there..

Have you looked at crowd funding like Rockethub?

http://www.rockethub.com/24384

Seems to work OK for the guys making 80% receivers

Are you going to be able to send to UK please?

Good luck

JohnG

JohnG, I may have an option that would be 3 pieces that you would need to weld up, but they would be cut out to exact dimensions... clamp, tack and run the beads!

Do you know if there are at least 10 people on that side of the pond interested in this option? Price looks like $40 USD + shipping... if we have 100 people interested (globally) we can get this to about $25 USD + shipping...